Coumputerised Accounts self study

ruthash86ruthash86 Just JoinedPosts: 4Registered
Hi everyone!

Quick question, Im studying Level 2 by myself by just buying the books, alls gone well so far :) Just about to start Computerised Accounts, will I need to purchase the software to do the module? If so wheres the best/cheapest place to do so?

Thanks

Comments

• janwaljanwal Experienced Mentor Posts: 1,189Registered
    If you go onto the Sage website there is normally a 30 day free tester
  • ruthash86ruthash86 Just Joined Posts: 4Registered
    thanks! :)
  • Donna CurlingDonna Curling Feels At Home RingwoodPosts: 59Registered
    other option would be to find a version of instant just going out of date so a little cheaper - just make sure reputable seller for licence. In case useful I am selling the sage online courses 2009 - show and do learning activities - at present £ 58 via my website - will sell for £ 35 to anyone on quoting their AAT forum details. You will not be able to do the exam via the package but could then ask for test version nearer actually sitting exam.
    www.cbktrain.co.uk
    Donna Curling - AAT Tutor
    www.completebookkeeping.co.uk
  • caroline23caroline23 Feels At Home Posts: 53Registered
    Im also doing self study with level 2 just finishing ba2 so interested in replies but dont you need to sign up to a learning provider for this module as the exam in this isnt a Computer based test and needs a marker?
  • coojeecoojee Experienced Mentor Posts: 794Registered
    caroline23 wrote: »
    Im also doing self study with level 2 just finishing ba2 so interested in replies but dont you need to sign up to a learning provider for this module as the exam in this isnt a Computer based test and needs a marker?

Yes you do need to be signed up to a provider as they're the ones who mark it. Some centres will do this but the fees can be quite high, I've seen £150 to £200 quoted on this forum. Usually the centre wants to sell you the whole unit, ie including books, support and marking which is why it's so high. I don't know if any/many centres will just do the marking for you. You might get lucky and find a centre who don't really know what they're doing and they'll mark it for you thinking that you're one of their students, that seems to be one way people get round this problem.
    im planning on signing up to the computer module with kaplan as they are the only provider i can find that sells modules individually, included in it is the software i would need for it anyway i think?
    If its of use to OP kaplan does module for 230 which includes books so may be cheaper joining them if it costs 200 to mark anyway?