exam levels in any order

rspring09rspring09 Just JoinedPosts: 2Registered
Ive been studying for a relatively short amount of time and for various reasons i have already covered parts of level 3 while studying towards level 2. Short of perhaps taking things a little too fast is there anything stopping me from doing some lvl 3 exams at the same time as level 2?

ie Basic Costing (2) and Cost and revenues (3)

Comments

• NpsNps Experienced Mentor Posts: 782Registered
    No, nothing at all. In fact I would even go as far as recommending it if you are able (though I appreciate this wouldn't be suitable for everyone). I had no accounting background so studied level 2 but did not sit any of the exams as I felt it was a waste of money. I just sat the skills test once I had read all the level 2 books and started taking the exams at level 3. I've just finished level 4 and would even say that if you are finding level 3 fairly straightforward, there is no reason why you can't combine levels 3 and 4 (I wish I had). Though of course, take advice as to which level 4 exams rely on level 3 knowledge so you know which order to do them in.

Again, I should re-iterate, many people may disagree with doing it this way, but for me, it would have been the most sensible option.