How to interpret "from period X" ?

Options
Bit of a daft questions but i keep getting confused with this so need it clearing up once and for all

How to interpret "from period X" ?

So from period one sales increase 20% does this include period 1 or would the increase start in period 2?

if anyone could advise please that would be great

Comments

• imtiaz
    imtiaz Registered Posts: 20 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Not sure what you mean..Can you be more specific, maybe an example question or more detail or the topic you are getting this period x stuff in..
  • Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    Lots of text books use the terminology to describe years and periods. 20X0, 20X1 etc

Year 20X0 is the start point, so you would see your first increase at the end of X1 (so occurred during that year), then at X2 etc.

With this in mind, I would imagine X is your start point and you will see your first increase in the first period, resulting in an increased figure at the end of period 1.
  • topcat
    topcat Registered Posts: 452
    Options
    Nps1976 wrote: »
    Lots of text books use the terminology to describe years and periods. 20X0, 20X1 etc

Year 20X0 is the start point, so you would see your first increase at the end of X1 (so occurred during that year), then at X2 etc.

With this in mind, X is your start point and you will see your first increase in the first period, resulting in an increased figure at the end of period 1.

thanks so always start the increase on the period it states

i.e from period 2 sales will increase 30% i would apply the 30% to all of the sales in period 2 and 3 etc
  • Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    For that particular example, that would be my understanding, yes.
Privacy Policy