Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Little guidance?

IannaliseIannalise New MemberRegistered Posts: 8
Im new to AAT study and currently only on BA1.

I have read about computerised accounts/sage exemption ect and also know that I can move onto level three when I feel ready and do not 'need' to complete the level two exams.

With this in mind, does the following offer look beneficial to a complete novice like myself? or would I just be wasting my money when I'd need to do another unit to cover this anyway?

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/london/Learndirect/18499192

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• CeeJaySixCeeJaySix Well-Known Registered Posts: 645
    Well it's a very good price...the Sage Instant Accounts on it's own is normally £100 inc. certification.

But...
    1. It doesn't look like certification fees are included, so you'd have to check with Sage how much they charge for them (from memory it's about £60 for an exam).
    2. You certainly don't need to do all 4, either the Instant Accounts or Sage 50 certifications will count as Recognised Prior Learning, exempting you from CMPA exams.

Unless you're going to be working with Sage a lot and need the extra knowledge, you can get the self-study packs inc. certification for around £80 (Instant Accounts) from eBay, if the certifications aren't included in the Groupon deal it would be cheaper to just buy what you need.
  • IannaliseIannalise New Member Registered Posts: 8
    Thanks for the input.

It includes a certificate of completion but not an actual qualification as there is no final exam included.

I was looking as I am really struggling with Sage to find self study materials, there seems to be endless options which is just too confusing. Think I'll have a browse around Ebay and come back to it.

Thanks again.
  • CeeJaySixCeeJaySix Well-Known Registered Posts: 645
    Any of these:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=sage+instant+accounts+self-study&_sacat=0&_from=R40

The older the version the older the software (v.19 is latest I think), but any of them will be sufficient to gain the certification - for the sake of a few quid I'd go for at least v.17, there is the odd difference between versions.