Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)

Distance Learner & working full time - how long?

Pebbles7880Pebbles7880 New MemberRegistered Posts: 6
Hi everyone

I just wondered how long it took you all to pass the level 2 in total, I've been told I can take as long as Levels 2-5(if wanting to go that far) are done within 5 years of the initial starting date.
I've been purchasing each unit as I go along as I find this is more affordable for me anyway.

So how long did it take all you full time working distance learners out there?

Just curious!:001_smile:

Comments

• charlotte224466charlotte224466 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 22
    I started distance learning in November. I've been working full time throughout, Ive just passed BA1 and BA2 and my plans are to get the next three exams passed by the end of June so it will be like 7/8 month for level two.I think I could of possibly done it sooner but I changed jobs and my employer started funding all the exams etc. I think it just depends on you as a person and how organised you are. I found it better to study a unit and then sit the exam, also having a set timetable and sticking to it has also really helped :)
  • tawny75tawny75 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 22
    I am 37 and did level 2 last year, I also work full time. I started Level 2 in December 11 and finished all exams except WEAF by July. I waited until September to do WEAF so I could do the CBA, but if I had sat the other exam I would have finished it in 7-8 months.
  • steve2008steve2008 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 89
    Excluding CA it took me about 2 months. I work full time but don't have much of a social life. It was a bit on the tight side.

CA is causing me trouble as my computer won't run sage consistently without crashing so I have left it for now.

Whilst doing BA1 I expected to take much longer to complete the others, but when looking at them they all seemed smaller. In fact, I originally booked a date to do BA1 and BA2, but ended up completing WEAF and Costing before that date so did the 4 exams in the one day.

I'm self study btw, there might be more in the way of tutorials if your signed up for a provider.