Sage: Payment Terms 'net monthly'

Danielle MiltonDanielle Milton Settling In NicelyPosts: 23Registered
I've been looking at a tutorial and it's asked me to input customers for my company. That's not a problem but some of the customers have payment terms of 30 days and others net montly. I've been told Net Montly means 30 days from the month end and 30 days is 30 days from the date of the invoice.

How to I set up the Net Monthly in Sage for my customers?

Comments

• totleybladetotleyblade Feels At Home Posts: 48Registered
    Hi Danielle, I know there is a way of changing the customer payment terms on Sage by going into the main Settings menu, select Customer Defaults and then select the Ageing tab which offers different options. (This sets the default setting for all customers though).
  • Danielle MiltonDanielle Milton Settling In Nicely Posts: 23Registered
    I read about that somewhere but I'm not sure if that's what they want me to do in this mock exam. If I did that then all my customers would pay Net Monthly and some are 30 days and some Net Monthly. Thanks anyway.
  • CeeJaySixCeeJaySix Well-Known Posts: 645Registered
    Setting the defaults in Sage does just set the defaults - ie. when you create a new customer those settings will be pre-populated. You can still change it for each individual customer at any time via the Credit Control tab in the individual accounts.

Google suggests:
    Settings>Customer Defaults>Ageing

Select period ageing just tick the box which says Start ageing on the first day of the month after transaction date. As it's a default setting I think you should be able to change it individually for each customer still.

Or...in the payment terms, I30 is 30 days from Invoice, E30 is 30 days from End of month (you can change the number of days). Never tried this one, give it a whirl. If still no joy I'll have a look at work for you.