New!!!

AATGirlAATGirl New MemberPosts: 10Registered
Hi all

I am new to this forum!

I work as a purchase ledger supervisor for a well known holiday company and my work is funding my studies... I am about to take my first exam tomorrow (BA1) I am so nervous i have not taken an exam in years..... I keep thinking that i will get there and I will forget everything... Is there anything i can do?

Comments

• kimusherkimusher New Member Posts: 10Registered
    Relax...!

The exams are fine, just remember to flag any question you're not sure about and go back to it at the end.

Have you worked through all the Green Light tests on AAT?

Kim
  • AATGirlAATGirl New Member Posts: 10Registered
    Hi Kim

Thank you for the message.

I have been doing all the tests i can..

I think i find that just as i get to know the answers something throws me. I have been getting the trial balance right for ages and tonight i did a test and it just wouldnt balance :( same with some of the other questions.. just so frustrating.
  • kimusherkimusher New Member Posts: 10Registered
    Hiya,

Are you getting your debits and credits the right way round. What are you using to remember which is which?

Check you have put the right figures in, I know it sounds silly but I assumed I wouldn't make such simple mistakes like accidentally swapping digits around. Whoops. I bet it's only a small error that is throwing it.

Sometimes going away and coming back to it makes a world of difference - fresh eyes are more productive than tired eyes!

Kim
  • RobClarkeRobClarke Experienced Mentor Posts: 820Registered
    Also in the exams for BA1 - if you can not get the totals to balance then usually a quick calculation to see what the difference is can be enough for you to realise you have simply put one of the totals in the wrong column?

Another really useful little tip - if the difference between the totals can be divided by 9, and this results in a whole number, then it is highly likely you have simply done a 'typo' with the figures - for example, entered £45 instead of £54, or, £1289 instead of £1298.

Good luck tomorrow
  • guinea pigguinea pig Trusted Regular Posts: 402Registered
    Good luck, don't panic, and don,t obsess about balancing the trial balance, if you could use the time better on other questions. Mine wouldn't balance in my very first exam, and I was distraught, however it was only one minor error with one figure, and I managed to pass fine. Robs tip about dividing by 9 is a good one to remember.
    GP
    Hi

Thank you all for the comments....

Its hours away so i just hope i remember it.

Tisha
  • RobClarkeRobClarke Experienced Mentor Posts: 820Registered
    Don't forget to let us know how you got on!
  • steve2008steve2008 Feels At Home Posts: 89Registered
    I guess it's a bit late now, but with the trial balance, a good way (imo) to check if you have copied all the numbers across is to add up all the given figures.
    Half that figure, and it will be the target for each of the credit / debit columns.
    If you have copied a number across wrongly then the sum of the 2 totals won't equal the sum of the complete list.
    If it does add up then you must have something in the wrong column.

I found it helped to only put in the ones you are absolutely certain with first, look at the target total, and see which of the ones you were uncertain of will add to it to make the target total.
    Hi all

I passed :) so pleased. I got back to work and the whole office knew lol

Thank you for all the messages.. on to the next one now :)
  • janwaljanwal Experienced Mentor Posts: 1,189Registered
    Congratulations, onwards and upwards now
  • bladesmanbladesman Settling In Nicely Posts: 17Registered
    Hi and welcome to the AAT community.

know how you feel with the pressure of not studying fir a while and then going into the exams.

am pleased to hear you passed your BA1 exam I was quite nervous about this one and BA2. All I can advise is remember PEARLS for your next BA exam and it will be fine.

Wish you all the best for the rest of the course and if you are unsure on anything with level 2 do not hesitate to ask for help either in the forums or by message.