Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Level 2 CMPA CBP queries

CockneyjenCockneyjen Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 1
I'm a Kaplan distance learner and am about to start reading for the level 2 cert for CMPA; i'm a bit confused about sitting the exam for this unit...when I turn up to the CBP will Sage be loaded and ready to use or will I need to set anything up? Are the CBP's different to the CBT's in terms of turning up to the exam and having the exam locked by an invigilator and then answering the questions?

I have asked Kaplan for some info on sitting the CBP at work (they haven't replied) but guess I would need to install the Sage given to me by Kaplan on my work computer to do this? I don't think I can run two versions of Sage on the PC at work (work version and the one needed for the CBP) so think it is likely I will have to go to a Kaplan venue.

I only have access to a MacBook at home so cannot use Sage on that but Kaplan suggested this would not be an issue when it comes to learning. I use Sage everyday at work but am worried I will be missing out vital revision - would anyone agree?

Comments

• T.C.T.C. Experienced Mentor Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448
    You will definitely need to practice on the version you will have in the exam....and work through the workbook. Good luck!
  • CeeJaySixCeeJaySix Well-Known Registered Posts: 645
    As far as I know you can run two versions of Sage on one computer, I have both 2012 and 2013 on my work laptop...

Whilst I don't know how Kaplan run things any fully academically qualified professional person can invigilate CBTs (accountant, teacher, doctor, whatever), so there shouldn't be an issue with you sitting at work.