Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Anyone self studying?

CandygirlCandygirl Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 3
Please can I ask a few questions? What books are you using? I was looking at the Osbourne books, do I need both tutorial and workbook? Thanks x x

Comments

• Jo ClarkJo Clark Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,525
    Hello Candygirl

I am not self studying AAT but I think the workbook is to be used alongside the tutorial as additional question practice. This is similar to the setup with BPP who have a study text and question bank.

When I was studying for AAT I used BPP and thought there books were fantastic and know that there are at least a few other students on here who feel the same and have posted messages to say so.

Good luck with your studies.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • steve2008steve2008 Feels At Home Registered Posts: 89
    The tutorials are a must. The workbooks are supplementary.
    I have heard nothing but praise for the bpp workbooks but personally so far in level 3 I have passed AP1, AP2, and indirect Tax just using the tutorials. There are a few questions in the tutorial books, that was enough for me, but everyone is different.
  • CeeJaySixCeeJaySix Well-Known Registered Posts: 645
    Really depends on how fast you assimilate the information, some people need more practice than others. By the time you've done the end of chapter activities, learning provider's assessments, Osborne's online tests and the AAT practice assessments you may well feel like you've done plenty.
  • CandygirlCandygirl Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    Thanks for your replies. So you think bpp books are better than Osbourne? X
  • Jo ClarkJo Clark Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 2,525
    It is personal preference... you may want to see if you can find a set of Osborne and BPP on eBay to compare and see which you prefer, there are also Kaplan text books... you could try your local library or even check the books for sale section on here :o I used BPP and as I have said many times before I highly recommend them... other students will recommend other books :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Clintm15Clintm15 Well-Known FarehamRegistered Posts: 247
    Like Jo said, it's definitely preference. I prefer the layout and size of the Osbourne books.
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
  • CandygirlCandygirl Just Joined Registered Posts: 3
    Thanks so much. Will track down a copy of each to see which I prefer. X