Status of Computerised Accounting

liam89liam89 Feels At HomePosts: 27Registered
Hi all,

I am having my studies funded through my employer and self-studying each module by just learning from the textbooks.

I want to get the standard exam based ones out of the way first before completing Computerised Accounting as I've heard that passing that is slightly different to the others.

I wanted to be absolutely sure about the current status of the Computerised Accounting module and people's experiences with it as recently as possible. How has it differed from calling up an exam centre and booking an exam? Is the Sage certificate alternative still an option?

Any info appreciated :001_smile:

Comments

• coojeecoojee Experienced Mentor Posts: 794Registered
    liam89 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am having my studies funded through my employer and self-studying each module by just learning from the textbooks.

I want to get the standard exam based ones out of the way first before completing Computerised Accounting as I've heard that passing that is slightly different to the others.

I wanted to be absolutely sure about the current status of the Computerised Accounting module and people's experiences with it as recently as possible. How has it differed from calling up an exam centre and booking an exam? Is the Sage certificate alternative still an option?

Any info appreciated :001_smile:

The sage certificate isn't an option any more. You will need to find a provider that will agree to mark this paper and then you'll need to find a centre to sit it at. So it is different to an exam. With this unit the provider marks it, normally if you're registered with a provider, say as a distance learner, then it's just a case of finding a centre to sit it at and then your provider marks it. In your case you need to find someone who will mark it. It is possible to find a provider who will agree to just mark it but you have to hunt around as most providers will want to sell you the whole unit which will include books and support. Other people on here will be able to give you more advice than me as to who will provide a marking only service, I don't know who does this.
  • liam89liam89 Feels At Home Posts: 27Registered
    Thanks for the reply Coojee.

As an update to this thread, has anyone got any experiences with who they went for as a distance learner for this assessment? (before I start scouring every company!)

Cheers