CMPA Results

scottwhittoscottwhitto New MemberPosts: 13Registered
Hi,

I recently sat my CMPA level 2 exam at Kaplan last Wednesday 26th June.

Im just wondering how long it takes to*receive*my mark back? and whether im informed of the result or whether its a case of keep checking my AAT account?

Also this was my last level 2 exam. Will i receive a certificate or anything upon completion of level 2?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• amurrayamurray Feels At Home Posts: 213Registered, AATQB
    Hi Scottwhitto,

Sorry it's not an answer to the above questions, but just wanted to ask how did you find the CMPA exam? any tips?

Ps. Hope you receive a good mark! :)

Cheers.
    Andy
    AATQB, FIAB.
    *MAAT hopefully to follow soon!
  • scottwhittoscottwhitto New Member Posts: 13Registered
    amurray wrote: »
    Hi Scottwhitto,

Sorry it's not an answer to the above questions, but just wanted to ask how did you find the CMPA exam? any tips?

Ps. Hope you receive a good mark! :)

Cheers.
    Andy

Think it went very well thanks! I found doing the AAT mock exams helped as it follows the same suit! I use Pegasus Opera at work and found Sage a breeze in comparison! Just as long as you know how to run off the reports you should be fine!
  • ademooreademoore Well-Known Posts: 146Registered
    The computerised accounting exam has to be human marked as it uses a separate accounting application as your know.

It has to go through 2 assessors - the first assessor has 2 marks max from date you sit the assessment, and then an internal verifier takes a sample of those marked and assesses for fairness of marks, they also get 2 weeks from the point assessor 1 finishes, so you can be looking at up to 4 weeks for results!

At level 2, you would think this a long time, however it's still pretty good considering at level 4 students have to wait up to 6 weeks for 'all' of their results!

Good luck, hope you have done well!
  • amurrayamurray Feels At Home Posts: 213Registered, AATQB
    Think it went very well thanks! I found doing the AAT mock exams helped as it follows the same suit! I use Pegasus Opera at work and found Sage a breeze in comparison! Just as long as you know how to run off the reports you should be fine!

Cool sounds good, Yeah I've used Pegasus before quite a tricky system sometimes, especially with JE's.

Thanks for the info.

@ademore: Wow 6 weeks from sitting each exam? - I didn't know this. Long-term plan is to study Level 4.

Cheers.
    AATQB, FIAB.
    *MAAT hopefully to follow soon!
  • scottwhittoscottwhitto New Member Posts: 13Registered
    ademoore wrote: »
    The computerised accounting exam has to be human marked as it uses a separate accounting application as your know.

It has to go through 2 assessors - the first assessor has 2 marks max from date you sit the assessment, and then an internal verifier takes a sample of those marked and assesses for fairness of marks, they also get 2 weeks from the point assessor 1 finishes, so you can be looking at up to 4 weeks for results!

At level 2, you would think this a long time, however it's still pretty good considering at level 4 students have to wait up to 6 weeks for 'all' of their results!

Good luck, hope you have done well!

Thanks a lot!

Damn i wont be able to cope in level 4 then!

Its only been a week and i want my result now lol