Sage Certification

SadmelonSadmelon New MemberPosts: 8Registered
Okay so basically i'm a level 2 AAT self study student, i have passed all my exams for this level except for Computerised accounting. I was originally just going to buy the sage certification myself sit the exam etc. But after reading a few posts on here have seen that people have been saying that you can no longer do this.

So as i still need to pass this module, i have made a few enquiries to different providers with Premier Training being one of them. Now, Premier Training have got back to me with all the details of this module, but they are still using the Sage certification method.

Just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this. As i'm a bit worried about paying money for a module and material when it won't actually count towards me passing my CMPA module.

Thanks alot

Comments

• caroline23caroline23 Feels At Home Posts: 53Registered
    Hi, i also self study level 2, you can get an exemption from computerised accounting if you do either sage instant accounts or sage 50 level 2. People may of said its not possible anymore as the cirriculum is changing from sept 2013 however as you have done all the other level 2 exams you will stay on the 2010 cirriculum so the sage exemption will still apply. You can just buy the sage 50 level 2 or instant accounts yourself and then send the certificate (or copy of) to AAT and they will provide you an exemption, therefore completing your level 2 studies.
  • SadmelonSadmelon New Member Posts: 8Registered
    The only thing is I actually emailed AAT about a month ago regarding the sage level 2 exemption and how I would go about getting exempt etc. And they replied to me saying that it is not officially recognised for exemption purposes. So I couldn't just email my certificate over.
  • caroline23caroline23 Feels At Home Posts: 53Registered
    Hmm thats strange as i emailed them and they said sage instant and sage 50 level 2 would be an exemption? although this was a few months ago so maybe they have changed?
  • Jane HaslerJane Hasler Settling In Nicely Posts: 15Registered
    Hi

I just want to clarify a couple of points to help students understand more about the Computerised Accounting (CA) unit.

The AAT no longer award full exemption from the CA unit with the Sage Instant Accounts Certificate alone. If you have passed the Sage online exam and have received Sage Certification it can be used as part of Recognised Prior Learning (RPL). As an assessment centre we are able to help you by providing adequate training and top up questions that will meet the AAT requirements.

I hope this helps and if anyone has further questions about studying this unit feel free to contact me.

Regards
    Jane Hasler
    Premier Training
    01469 515444
    Thanks for the advice, i have gone ahead and registered with Premier now :).

Also another question, this may sound very very stupid!

I have received all my material to do the Sage Certification and was about to register my trial version of sage with the serial number but cannot find a serial number on anything that i have received. Can anyone who has done the sage certification tell me what document it is on or where it can be found as can not find it anywhere. ( or maybe it is me being a bit thick). Its Friday now so can't contact anyone untill Monday now. So if anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks!
  • NpsNps Experienced Mentor Posts: 782Registered
    I've just checked mine and the code was on a piece of paper tucked in the inside of the CD. It's titled important info, is DVD box sized, only one sheet, and the code looked like it had been printed on afterwards because it was in a different font and print type.
    Oh right, i definitely did not see that when i opened up the case containing the cd. And just double checked again, and it's not there :S . Did you buy the self study course yourself or did you get it with a training provider? (Even though that probably makes no difference whatsoever)

Starting to stress now that i cant find it. I guess i will just have to wait untill Monday to speak to premier or/and Sage.

Thanks anyway.
    I bought the self study course. It was in a sealed box, about the width and length of 2 DVD's and the depth of about 5 or 6 DVD's. If that sounds like the same kit you have, then just check it's not printed anywhere else. It was quite small and is clearly printed on afterwards.

Though if you can't find it, you'll just have to spend the weekend enjoying the sun instead......!
    I've just opened my Level 2 pack and the code for that is on the same "Important Info" sheet but was loose in the box. I've just read through it and it sounds like the code is actually for the certification, and that the software can be installed without a code for up to 180 days. I'm sorry, I can't remember whether I used a code when I installed mine or not but the instructions certainly suggest you don't need one.

If you are with a learning provider, is it possible they keep the certification code until you sit the exam?
  • CeeJaySixCeeJaySix Well-Known Posts: 645Registered
    As Nps says, the code is only required to sit the certification. The trial software doesn't need to be registered - from memory I think I just left the field blank on install. My code was on a sheet of sticky labels, with two labels printed identically and the rest blank. If you haven't got that get in touch with Premier, in my experience they will sort it quickly.
    Hi all thanks for replying , think I'm gonna email my tutor at premier tomorrow as I have literally searched through everything and can't find anything. ANd I can't remember seeing anything similar either. So hopefully they will get back to me Monday and stop me stressing about my last unit :P. all I keep thinking about is please say you have the code and don't make me pay for the certifcation exam again?!