Practice Assessments

cazalinocazalino Feels At HomePosts: 44Registered
Taking a bit of a shot in the dark here but hopefully someone may have experienced the same thing or know what i need to do to fix the problem.

When i try and open a practice exam i can get through the 1st 2 screens and onto the screen that says start assessment at the bottom but i can't see the 'start' button as its to far down the bottom and i cant scroll down anymore. its almost as if the page needs making smaller but i dont know how to do it.

Getting a bit desperate now as i have cash management on friday and really need to practice the new paper 5.

thanks for any help you can offer.

Comments

• SamiHSamiH Well-Known Posts: 179Registered
    You need to go into Full-Screen mode, usually F11 on your keyboard.

Good luck for Friday
  • SashaDellaSashaDella Trusted Regular Posts: 362Registered
    I agree with above, its very frustrating but you have to use full screen, and then if you want to check your answers you have to change between full screen and not full screen.

F11 is the shortcut key on my PC. My PC used to work fine, and then suddenly I had to use this function to choose "start" and "next" etc.

Good Luck!!
    x
  • steve2008steve2008 Feels At Home Posts: 89Registered
    SashaDella wrote: »
    I agree with above, its very frustrating but you have to use full screen, and then if you want to check your answers you have to change between full screen and not full screen.

F11 is the shortcut key on my PC. My PC used to work fine, and then suddenly I had to use this function to choose "start" and "next" etc.

Good Luck!!
    x

You should be able to use Alt+tab to switch between windows even if one is full screen.
  • cazalinocazalino Feels At Home Posts: 44Registered
    Thanks for all your help wish id asked sooner! Passed btw so all worked out good in the end!
  • CWognumCWognum New Member Posts: 6Registered
    For future reference

I know this is an old post but if anyone else has this problem in the future, if you are using Windows then by holding Ctrl then pressing + or - you can make the webpage bigger or smaller
  • PhillipPPhillipP Settling In Nicely Posts: 20Registered
    Thanks for the information about Ctr+ and Ctr-, that's useful to know.

This seems to work fine on Internet Explorer but not on Google Chrome.

I prefer to use Google Chrome but find myself having to switch to Internet Explorer just for the Practice Assessments as F11 and Ctr+ / Ctr- ceases to work after leaving the Study Support page.

Do you have a useful tip for Google Chrome users?
  • MissGeckoMissGecko Just Joined Posts: 4Registered
    Hello everyone,

I have a netbook, so I needed to install Easy resolution, select the bigger resolution and the press F11

Took me ages to figure it out, but it works fine now :)
  • CeeJaySixCeeJaySix Well-Known Posts: 645Registered
    In Chrome the shortcut to go to fullscreen doesn't work (although F11 still comes out of fullscreen), but the option is in the menu at the top right (the right hand icon next to 'Zoom'). As above, I tend to open the answers in Word, Chrome in fullscreen, and Alt+Tab between the two.
  • AnhInglestonAnhIngleston Posts: 6Registered
    Hi, I've just registered to be an AAT student, but i don't know when i can access to sample assessment as now they said i can't.

Thanks for reading