CA exam

charlotte224466charlotte224466 Settling In NicelyPosts: 22Registered
Obviously everyone is different but I was just wondering how long the exam took everyone else? Ive not started studying this yet but again how long did others take before they felt confident in sitting the exam? I use SAP in work but I'm told if I can use SAP, sage should be pretty straight forward. I don't know why but I seem to be putting this exam off! Ive passed all my other exams and this is the last one I have to do. Definitely going to sit down tonight and get started.

Comments

• wabisabiwabisabi Feels At Home Posts: 130Registered
    Hi

I did it at college and I think we had about 4 x 4 hour lessons (plus homework in between) most of which were just working through the Osborne book and practising. It's easily doable in less time.

As you probably know the exam is in two parts. Part 1 is largely a data input exercise with lots of marks for accuracy, while part 2 consists of about 17 questions which should be relatively easy for anyone working in an office environment (to do with backup procedures, data security, aspects of BA1 and BA2) but could trip you up if you're not very careful.

In terms of exam technique we were advised to get part 2 out of the way first then crack on with inputting the data for part 1 - the rationale was that you could run out of time and not finish part 2. In reality the timing was pretty generous.

It should be straightforward for you if you know SAP.

Hope this helps and good luck.
  • amurrayamurray Feels At Home Posts: 211Registered, AATQB
    Hi Wabisabi.

How long did you have to wait for your CMPA results?

Just a query as I'm due to sit mine next week, and very eager to finish L2 and progress on.

Cheers.
    AATQB, FIAB.
    *MAAT hopefully to follow soon!
    Hi amurray

I seem to remember that it only took about a week, but it was marked locally by one of our college tutors who was very efficient. I think it might vary from provider to provider.

All the best for next week!

Wabisabi
    wabisabi wrote: »
    Hi amurray

I seem to remember that it only took about a week, but it was marked locally by one of our college tutors who was very efficient. I think it might vary from provider to provider.

All the best for next week!

Wabisabi

Hi Wabisabi,

Thanks for the reply :)

Wow thats quick! - I have read should it be Internal Verified by AAT it could be 4-6 weeks. Hoping mines about a week. That would be great.

Thanks very much.

How are you finding level 3?

Cheers.
    AATQB, FIAB.
    Hi amurray

I remember our course coordinator coming into the class the week after we'd sat the exam and said that if she hadn't already spoken to us then we'd passed, but the results had to be confirmed and as you say it was several weeks before they appeared on MyAAT.

Level 3 is great so far but it's early days! I've got PEAF out of the way (tricky!) and am currently trying to get my head round accruals and prepayments (API). I love it though, and am trying to enjoy the process of studying and learning an enjoyable subject in and for itself rather than worry too much about where it's leading or the problem of getting work experience :001_smile:

Best wishes

WS
    wabisabi wrote: »
    Hi amurray

I remember our course coordinator coming into the class the week after we'd sat the exam and said that if she hadn't already spoken to us then we'd passed, but the results had to be confirmed and as you say it was several weeks before they appeared on MyAAT.

Level 3 is great so far but it's early days! I've got PEAF out of the way (tricky!) and am currently trying to get my head round accruals and prepayments (API). I love it though, and am trying to enjoy the process of studying and learning an enjoyable subject in and for itself rather than worry too much about where it's leading or the problem of getting work experience :001_smile:

Best wishes

WS

Hi Wabisabi,

Thanks for the info, fingers crossed my results wont take tooo long :)

Yeah I actually saw on another post a few people saying PEAF was quite tricky and its quite alot to remember. By looking at my course materials for Level 3, I think I'm going to enjoy it more than Level 2. Always best to enjoy it and worry about things when they happen, I'm sure you will manage to find work experience very shortly, I know in my area, with Level 2 AAT, employers will snap for you and develop you internally because the AAT qualification holds alot of knowledge and skill.

Have you been looking for work experience or are you waiting a while longer?

Rgds.
    Andy :001_smile:
    AATQB, FIAB.
    Hi Andy

No I haven't been looking very seriously. I think it would be best for me to complete L3 first as there are still lots of fundamentals I don't understand (not being from an accounting background). But if a volunteering opportunity cropped up I'd consider it if I could fit it in, especially if it was a cause I support.

I think ethics will be fairer under the new syllabus as it will be a project rather than a computer-based test. Some of the scenarios can be complex and involve several correct answers depending on how you see things, and a human marker will be able to understand these nuances and give you marks for your interpretation rather than just the final answer.

Good luck again for next week :thumbup1:

WS
    Thanks very much and best of luck to you also with AP. :)
    AATQB, FIAB.