Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Computerised Accounting Advice

parkendgirlparkendgirl Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 1
Hello, I only need to complete the Computerised Accounting element and I have passed level 2 of AAT. I am studying with BPP and have received Sage CD which I have installed on to my laptop and a set of coursenotes. I have also received a workbook but I think I have received the wrong one as I am sitting this exam under AQ2010 and not AQ2013. Apart from that I have no idea what I should be doing, any advice on what I need to do to become familiar with this module before sitting my exam would be so gratefully received. I think I need to work through the coursenotes and replicate the examples in Sage, but I am not at all sure. Many thanks for any help/hints given:001_smile:

Comments

• wabisabiwabisabi Feels At Home Registered Posts: 130
    Hi

When I did the exam (AQ2010) it was largely a data entry exercise - you need to set up a new company in Sage, create suppliers / customers, record credit sales / purchases, cash sales / purchases, make corrections, run reports, backup your data, etc etc. You will be asked to print screenshots at different stages.

In terms of tips I would say back up your work regularly. We were given a USB drive to save our work to which was then given to the invigilator at the end of the exam to be marked. I made frequent copies of my company data as I went along so that if I seriously screwed up during any task I could always restore my last good copy and have another go at the task.

It's also worth revising BA1 and BA2 as the second part of the exam (which you need to pass) draws on these as well as on general knowledge good practice in computing e.g. password security. It's not difficult but a couple of the questions were ambiguous.

Good luck :)

Wabisabi