Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Should I study for both bookkeeping exams at the same time?

Hi All,

I am studying for my first exam processing bookkeeping transactions and it seems to have some cross over with the next exam (control accounts, journals and banking system). Is it worth while me studying for both and taking one a week after the next?

Many thanks!

Sasha
AAT Level 2 :)
PBKT Nov 14
CJBS Dec 14
WKAF Jan 15
CJBS Feb 15
CPAG - Studying!

Comments

• ariadneariadne Registered Posts: 218
    I would do them together. As long as the new syllabus isn't too different I seem to remember the first module was the basics and the second built upon that knowledge. So doing the second will help practice the basic skills learnt in the first. The L3 accounts prep builds even further on these modules.
  • ariadneariadne Registered Posts: 218
    Although I would get through the first book first as the second will assume you know everything from the first. Then revise both together, you could sit them on the same day.
  • sashalousmithsashalousmith Registered Posts: 23
    ariadne said:

Although I would get through the first book first as the second will assume you know everything from the first. Then revise both together, you could sit them on the same day.

Thanks for your advice! I have studied the first book thoroughly and have my exams in 3 weeks so have started revising for the second book now - I've booked them both on the same day - I must be mad haha!

AAT Level 2 :)
    PBKT Nov 14
    CJBS Dec 14
    WKAF Jan 15
    CJBS Feb 15
    CPAG - Studying!