Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

how many exams totally for Level 2?

Hello everyone,

I know it is a silly question. I still do not know how many exams to sit .I started Level 2 in mid September(Opening learning, without going to college).I have
studied Bookkeeping 1 thoroughly . I will revise it in the next couple of wks . Then i am ready for the exam.
As we have 5 subjects, do we have 5 exams? one exam for one subject? Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• ChristianBChristianB AAT Online Community Coordinator Registered Posts: 201
    edited October 2014
    Hi @winterjasmine

You're correct in thinking there are five units to Level 2. They are:
    • Basic costing
    • Computerised accounting
    • Work effectively in accounting and finance
    • Processing bookkeeping transactions
    • Control accounts, journals and the banking system
    AAT assessments (exams) are designed to assess your knowledge and understanding of the skills you’ve developed. AAT assessments:
    • are practical computer based assessments (CBA).
    • can be taken whenever you’re ready, as long as your training provider agrees. There’s no set date to take these tests.
    • are mostly marked automatically, so you can see provisional results straight away. This lets you understand how you’re progressing.
    • cover a range of learning methods, including online tests, reports, evidence of prior learning achievements and workplace experience.
    Your training provider will enrol you for an assessment when you both agree that you’re ready.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards
    I have now left AAT. If you require any assistance with the forums, please contact membership support: https://www.aat.org.uk/contact-us
  • winterjasminewinterjasmine EdinburghRegistered Posts: 15
    Thank you very much for the reply. Just got exam officer's email ,will book exam for Bookkeeping 1 this week.
    ChristianB