Computerised Accounting

Hey,

So, I'm practicing on the Sage software and I keep getting the same difference when I do the Bank reconciliation. I know I'm supposed to figure out myself where I've gone wrong but for the life of me I cannot seem to get it and the difference is the same everytime down to the penny :/ £471.20. It's driving me mad

Anyone else have this problem?

K x

Comments

• Donna CurlingDonna Curling Feels At Home RingwoodPosts: 59Registered
    oh dear - are you able to put down information or confirm the question. Have you tried dividing by 2 to see if this equates to one of the entries.
    Donna Curling - AAT Tutor
    www.completebookkeeping.co.uk
  • akilahdaleakilahdale Posts: 29Registered
    Hmm what do you mean confirm the question? I've taken a screenshot but can't seem to upload it here..
    Oh wait, here's a screenshot of the bank reconciliation; https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0k6yRvOHIODYnlHS3hNLUYydWs/view?usp=sharing
    what is the name of the paper you are doing so I can view it
    I'm going through the practice tasks that are in the course notes, the Hollam Farms task...
    Apologies I have not got those course notes to help - I cannot see an obvious error in your details though - unless you put the £10 error/adjustment on the wrong side. Is there not an answer in the book
  • mcchocmcchoc East YorkshirePosts: 39Registered, Tutor
    Without seeing the full process, I suggest you check the bank statement's opening balance against the cash book's opening balance. If different, why? Then be careful and see if any bank statement single transaction is actually two (or more!) cash book transactions combined. If it's still wrong, top it up from petty cash and mum's the word . . .

Apologies I have not got those course notes to help - I cannot see an obvious error in your details though - unless you put the £10 error/adjustment on the wrong side. Is there not an answer in the book

Nah no answer in the book, it must be something I'm doing I reckon because it worked fine in class.
    mcchoc said:

Without seeing the full process, I suggest you check the bank statement's opening balance against the cash book's opening balance. If different, why? Then be careful and see if any bank statement single transaction is actually two (or more!) cash book transactions combined. If it's still wrong, top it up from petty cash and mum's the word . . .

Haha petty cash, why didn't I think of that! Ahh, maybe that's why! I'll go back through it with a fine tooth comb.

Thanks to you both! :)
    Donna Curling