AAT for a law graduate ?

roseci
roseci Registered Posts: 1
Hi, I've decided I want to become an accountant. I graduated two years ago in law from a redbrick uni . it was a good 2.2 but not enough to get into grad jobs. Since then I work at a call centre. Is AAT a good qualification for me to get into accountancy ? I've applied everywhere but have had no success so am thinking of studying AAT privately. Is this a good decision ?

Comments

• ChristianB
    ChristianB Registered Posts: 197 Epic contributor 🐘
    edited June 2015
    Hi @roseci

Yes – AAT is a great qualification for those wanting to take their first steps into accountancy. It’s a skills-based, practical qualification which is highly recognised by employers.

You’ve already completed a degree, that’s great – you’ll be used to studying from home and managing your own time. Based on that observation, distance learning with AAT may be the most ideal way for you to study the qualification.

I'd recommend trying our Skillcheck tool. This should help you decide which level of the AAT Qualification to start at.

Once you’ve started AAT, you’ll be in a much better position to get some kind of entry-level accounting/finance job. Use job search websites like Total Jobs, Jobsite and Indeed to find the best vacancies and make sure you follow @StudyAAT on Twitter too, as they tweet entry-level vacancies everyday (and the roles they tweet never require any experience).

You can also contact our team for an informal chat on 020 3735 2434 or by emailing join@aat.org.uk. I can also answer any questions that you might have in this thread.

All the best

Christian
    I have now left AAT. If you require any assistance with the forums, please contact membership support: https://www.aat.org.uk/contact-us
Privacy Policy