CPAG Exam

Hi, does anyone know what version of Sage is used in the CPAG Exam? I have been learning using Sage 50 Accounts 2011 so wondered if the exam would be with the same version. Also the course I have been doing requires you to set up products so when you are invoicing for sales you enter the product they are buying. The sample assessment on AAT doesn't require products to be setup and just states that cash and credit sales are to be analyzed in two ways as follows:
1. Kitchen furniture
2. Kitchen equipment

I'm finding it a little confusing so any info would be great.

Comments

• longtalljohnlongtalljohn Registered Posts: 0
    Hi,
    Sat my my CPAG yesterday and the less said the better!. Imagine the version depends on your exam centre or training provider, sat mine with Kaplan Southampton and had Sage Instant ver 19 or could have had a 'Cloud' version if I wanted (not!), maybe a quick call will help? My scenario was similar in terms of two product groups, I just changed Sales type A to product group one and Sales type B to product group two in the Sage std Sales ledger headings.

Hope this helps.

John
  • ELeeELee Registered Posts: 11
    Hi John,

Thanks for responding, I think I will be using the Sage I have been learning on. On my course I had to actually enter products and when entering invoices I have used the new invoice function where you actually create an invoice, print it and then update the ledgers but looking at the mock exam I don't think this is the case. Like you I changed Sales Type A and B and then used the batch invoice option. Can you remember if you actually created the invoices or if you actually used the batch invoice screen?

I used the batch invoice on the mock and it seemed to work fine and the trail balance balanced so I'm confident I should be ok.

Do you know if the pass rate is 70% like the other exams?

I'm sure you will pass and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Emma
  • Adele69Adele69 CambridgeAAT Student Posts: 320
    I think we too used a Sage version from 2011 in the exam, which was the same as used in classroom. The Sage we got for home practice was Instant Accounts 2014 - I did it in April
  • NikNik Registered Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I have been struggling with one report pls help somebody:-( It's the nominal ledger accounts report. I can only print a list but on the picture in my learning material the report is detailed (all transactions for sales or bank account)..but mine has only totals. I've searched the web can't find anything useful. I just need to know how to print out detailed nominal ledger accounts, showing all transactions within each account...
    Thank you
    Hi Nik,
    Go into the nominal ledger then select reports, in the report browser select Nominal Activity Reports and then select the middle report (Nominal Activity) once the criteria box comes up put in the nominal code you want the information on in both Nominal Code boxes, so 1100 for the debtors control account. This then gives you the activity for that account.
    Hope this is what you were looking for.
    Thanks Adele69,

Can you remember if you actually created the invoices or if you used the batch invoice screen? Have you finished Level 2 now?

Thanks
    Emma
  • Adele69Adele69 CambridgeAAT Student Posts: 320
    Sorry, I can't remember and looking back at the assessments in Study Support I did this exam in May 2015. I haven't used Sage since, and uninstalled it at home (though a more recent Sage version). We use Oracle at work.

We're in a different classroom for AAT L3, but I'll try to retrieve my network files tomorrow (assuming of course, I remember)
  • NikNik Registered Posts: 2
    Thank you ELee, it was helpful:-)