CPAG - which software purchase?

Just about to start on the CPAG revision and was expecting some software to be included in my BPP learning materials. Anyone know what the closest software is to that used in the exam (without breaking the bank)? Going in circles on the AAT / BPP site :anguished: Thank-you.

Best Answers

Answers

• waltonAATwaltonAAT Posts: 7Registered
    Hi thank you - no I didn't know it was tutor marked, so will go back to BPP to ask them! I'm doing all distance learning. Sage 50 is quite a big investment so the choice seems to be between Sage One and Sage Instant accounts? But this also seems to have changed since BPP published their textbook! Yes the incentive to pass in 4 weeks might be a good one, thanks for the heads up!
  • g_bonsorg_bonsor Posts: 26Registered
    https://shop.sage.co.uk/testdrive.aspx

Here you can get a 30 day free trial for Sage 50 Accounts (the software used in the exam)

I am lucky as I have access to Sage at work, and also at my place of study we have access to it.

Obviously 30 days is only a short amount of time but if you choose to do it at a time where you have as much free time as possible and focus on that making sure you have lots of practice this might help?
  • waltonAATwaltonAAT Posts: 7Registered
    Thanks g-bonsor, I stumped up for the Kaplan option in the end for the security of having the whole package under one roof as it were. I also learned that if you sit exam with someone you didn't study with (buying their textbooks doesn't count) then there is a supplemental marking fee with it being a CBP. etc etc. All a bit of a minefield to a newbie distance learner (textbooks only).. Disappointing ATT couldn't help with these questions but they don't know the ins and outs of everyone's training package.
    30 days would be enough I hope but then I don't want to book exam till I'm confident I will pass and might have to wait another month for that etc..