Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Looking for a new job.

Hi All,

this is my first time posting on here, but would be very grateful if you could help me.

I have recently completed my AAT Level 2, I am currently having a read over the Level 3 material before completing my first progress assessment.

Anyway i have been working as an accounts assistant for just over 2 years, now i have completed my AAT Level 2 I feel as though I have learnt a lot of new skills, skills that I cant put in to practice at the firm I currently work for.

We do not deal with PLCA,SLCA etc etc just basically marking bills as paid, sending invoices out, chasing late payments etc.

Now I have completed Level 2, what kind of jobs should I be looking for, is it just Accounts Assistant?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• burgburg Experienced Mentor GloucesterModerator, FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,441
    Megan,

You will not necessarily put all the skills you learn in each area of AAT into practice in your working environment. I do and have always worked in practice so there are very many aspects of the course I have never and doubt will ever use.

Preumably your current employer is supporting you through your study of AAT? If so then either at your next review/appriasal or by arranging a meeting with your line manager discuss how you feel your skills are beyond your role and how the role may be adapted in order to take account of some of the skills you now have.

Obviously you need to approach this in such a manner whereby you are being supportive and not causing offence to their curernt practices.
    Regards,

Burg