New starter ?? What external books to help my online study would people recommend

Hi just started the course with distance learning and would wondering would people recommend any external books to purchase to help me going forward ask will most likely be doing level 3 and level 4 thereafter

Comments

• shannonr1990shannonr1990 Posts: 36Registered
    Definitely Osbourne books I've tried many companies over the year and found Osbourne to be the best and cheapest actually!
    LucySherwood
  • dod2102dod2102 Posts: 3Registered
    Cheers thanks for the reply any particular ones that would cover all the levels or are they separate
    They are all seperate but each book covers each unit in the level they have tutorial books which explain what you need to learn and you can also buy seperate practise question books as well to practise what is expected in the exams!
  • LucySherwoodLucySherwood Posts: 8Registered
    Hello, I am just about to start the AAT Level 2 course and I have been looking at osbourne books, do you need the tutorial and the workbook or are you normally only required to purchase one?

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
  • dod2102dod2102 Posts: 3Registered
    Iv just started and feel so far I don't need them with the training provider in with you have access to osbourne books online
  • LucySherwoodLucySherwood Posts: 8Registered
    Thank you, do you just sign up to osbourne books online? I spoke to somebody from my training provider and they said I will be starting with the elements of costing and said that was the only book I would need for the minute.
    edited January 2017
    All the books they sell are here http://www.osbornebooks.co.uk/aat_accounting_aq2016
    in order you can also buy their work books and a wise guide (which is like a pocket guide i believe)- all really helpful and necessary, when you purchase their books you also get access to it in e-document format so you can print pages out too- hope this helps.
  • chewyshaunchewyshaun Posts: 4Registered
    I have been using the books from First Intuition, just about to sit my 3rd module and have not had any issues