Exams!

Hi,

Just wondering how many exams there are in the Level 2 and what they are?

:)

Comments

• aandreoliaandreoli PrestonPosts: 5Registered
    edited January 2017

Hi!

For the AAT Accounting AQ2016 qualification it needs to pass 6 exams:

1st) Bookkeeping transactions;

2nd) Bookkeeping controls;

3rd) Elements of costing;

4th) Work effectively in finance;

+) Using account software (e.n. Sage 50);

6th) Synoptic exam (Foundation Certificate).

KRs
    A

N.B.: it is possible to pass the 'Using account software' exam at any time, in any case always before the Synoptic (last) exam.
  • nicg1231992nicg1231992 Posts: 2Registered
    Thanks for that!

Is it possible to still sit the AQ2013 exams?

Thanks
    edited January 2017

Sorry, I don't know :)

KRs
    A
  • shannonr1990shannonr1990 Posts: 36Registered
    Is there a set order for taking the exams? I was led to believe when I started last year (before the syllabus changed) we could sit them in whatever order we wanted, as we have to fund them ourselves?
    Is this correct up to date info?
    nicg1231992 You can still sit the AQ2013 ones (I have taken 2 of them so far since last year) but if you call up AAT they tell you, you only have until this December 2017 to complete the current level you are on. Then if you go onto another level you must start with the AQ2016 syllabus (tbh the AQ2016 syllabus is easier if you are distance learning/self studying because you dont have to take the test which needs to be marked by a tutor, if you are self studying itll save you so much money to do AQ2016).

Hope this helps.

Is there a set order for taking the exams? I was led to believe when I started last year (before the syllabus changed) we could sit them in whatever order we wanted, as we have to fund them ourselves?
    Is this correct up to date info?

Hi "shannonr1990",

My tutor suggested ;) to following the order I wrote above :)

KRs
    A
    so that is just a recommendation then? there are no set rules by AAT?
    Hi @shannonr1990

I think, it is a set rules: how to pass the exam 'Bookkeeping controls' without the knowledge of 'Bookkeeping transactions?' :)

The only exception is 'Using account software' exam.

KRs
    A
    edited January 2017
    what about Working effectively in finance exam? i've look through the requirements to pass this course and briefly looked through some revision stuff on it and it looks quite easy compared to what I am studying atm (Bookkeeping controls) I have already passed Book keeping transactions exam and im getting frustrated with the bookkeeping controls, so i was planning to start with this as so far double entry book-keeping hasn't been mentioned once?

thanks
    and does AAT actually state there are set rules? or are you going by what you think in order to pass? because unless there are strict set rules I think im willing to take my chances with Working effectively in finance.
    Hi @shannonr1990

I'll still have to pass the first exam, Bookkeeping Transactions; so I'm not helpful. :)

I am sorry for that. In the next weeks, I'll attend my first one.

Bytheway, I will follow the order I wrote above: Bookkeeping transactions; Bookkeeping controls; Elements of costing; Work effectively in finance; Using account software and then the Synoptic exam (Foundation Certificate).

KRs
    A