Technical issues during computerised accounting exam

EliaG86EliaG86 Registered Posts: 1
edited May 2017 in Using Accounting Software
Hi guys,

Three days ago I've completed my computerised accounting exam (Sage one) in Rome. Unfortunately, I had some problems with this venue since they did not set up temporary user and password and the invigilator was not suitably qualified and unaware of these requirements (she could not do a screenshot either).
So, I had to do everything alone and use my own Sage account to do the exam.
Consequently, I could not change the name of the company but I could record customer and supplier accounts and process their transactions normally.
I managed to do the reports and to upload all the evidences.
Fortunately I was familiar with the design and layout of the assessment since I did the sample assessment on AAT website.
At the venue nobody was able to help me in any way...I hope to have passed it.
I was wondering if any of you have had a similar situation and could offer some guidance.
Thanks for your support.
Elia

Comments

• kimbo86kimbo86 HertfordshireRegistered Posts: 10
    I don't think they mark the setup phase so having the wrong company name shouldn't affect the outcome. Good luck.
    EliaG86
  • EliaG86EliaG86 Registered Posts: 1
    @kimbo86 Thank you for your answer :)
  • EliaG86EliaG86 Registered Posts: 1
    @kimbo86 Thank you for your answer :)
  • Mike WebsterMike Webster Just Joined Cardiff and ValeRegistered, Tutor Posts: 179
    edited May 2017
    Get your assessment centre to submit an incident report or submit a complaint direct to AAT - they need to ensure that the centre you use is up to the job.
    Michael JH Webster AATQB FMAAT
  • Elasozorus19_tiKoynElasozorus19_tiKoyn Registered Posts: 10
    There doesn't seem to be any guidance anywhere as to what to expect in an exam which uses Sage One (Business Cloud). Do you have to bring your own log in details or will these be provided or will it already be set up for you so that you don't even have to log into the software and just start entering the data for the company? All the books and websites seem to sidestep the issue and this is the only forum post I can find which even mentions it.