Home For AAT student members AQ 2013 AAT Level 2 (Level 5 in Scotland)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

CPAG EXAM

Hello Everyone

I am doing AAT practice exam paper for CPAG. it says cash and credit sales are to be analysed in two ways:
kitchen furniture and kitchen equipment.
what does it mean do I have to make new entry for nominal codes or i need to amend some nominal codes?

thank you
Fatima

Comments

• N4TN4T AAT Student Posts: 191
    Sage sales nominal are usually in the range 4000-4999,
    without seeing the question/exercise it depends whether any of the 4000 series numbers are in use. Just use the next number available.

Assuming you are starting with a blank canvas you need to allocate 4000 to kitchen furniture and 4001 to kitchen equipment. If say 4000 has been allocated to another sales category then you should allocate 4001 to kitchen furniture etc.

The 4000 and 4001 are examples the question maybe more specific and you must follow as instructed. For example do not type in kitchen equip - abbreviate the name thinking it's the same thing, students will be marked down. CPAG is about following instructions.

• CasuCasu Registered, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 102
    4000 is a standard code in sage, as is 4001. Just rename. For other parts of the test you may need to create a new code, so make sure it's in the correct category. Check out the chart of accounts as that will guide you
  • fchoudhryfchoudhry Registered Posts: 18
    Thankyou @N4T
    Thankyou @ Casu