Exam Differences AQ2016

amyscatt125
amyscatt125 Registered Posts: 7
Hello I am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone had had a similar problem.

I had been practising for the personal tax exam thinking it was 13 questions and 2 and half hours. When I got into the exam it was 11 questions and 2 hours. It threw me off a bit. Has anyone else experienced it.

Amy

Comments

• AbbyCarr
    AbbyCarr Registered Posts: 157
    The AQ2016 Personal Tax exam is 13 tasks and 2 and a half hours. If the exam you sat was only 2 hours, you have sat the AQ2013 exam.
  • amyscatt125
    @AbbyCarr I am pretty sure the sheet said AQ2016 and the screen when you accept the terms.
  • AbbyCarr
    I sat Personal Tax in June and it was definitely 2 and a half hours. A girl in my sitting only had 2 hours as she was doing the AQ2013 standards as a re-sit. Did you not struggle with some of the questions? There are questions that do not cross over syllabuses.
  • amyscatt125
    We were given a AQ2013 crossover document so it was okay really.
  • AbbyCarr
    But what standards have the other exams been? If you've been studying AQ2016 standards, and sat AQ2016 exams, you may need to resit the Personal Tax exam under the correct standards.
  • amyscatt125
    Just been told they put me down for 2013 and I have sat 4 exams under 2016. Surely that's not my fault. I told them 2016.
  • AbbyCarr
    There are topics in 2013 that you may not have even been taught then. You will have to contact the AAT, if you're competent the result may crossover but you only get 70% I believe as there are no percentages under AQ2013.
  • amyscatt125
    Thank you Abby.
  • AbbyCarr
    I'd ask your college that you wish to sit it under the AQ2016 standards and I believe they should pay if it's their error.
Privacy Policy