Licensed Members - Catch Up

MickdundeeMickdundee LondonPosts: 236Registered
No, I do not want to meet any of you.

I have just spent a whole 10 minutes catching up on three months’ worth of posts in the licensed member section. It took me a solid 5 minutes.

Having gone to raise a question, I think I know why it is now so quiet...

Unless you have the godly forum status, you can’t actually post a question to that sub-forum. Yet, you can comment on questions posted in that sub-forum. Bizarre.

Comments

• MarieNoelleMarieNoelle Trusted Regular Hampshire/Surrey borderPosts: 1,058Moderator, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant
    I too have noticed how quiet it's been lately. I understand you now have to give your membership number to post in the Licensed member area. Most conversations as a result start in the "Chat and off topic" discussions.
  • MickdundeeMickdundee LondonPosts: 236Registered
    Personally, I don't have a need to ask a question on the forum, so it doesn't bother me. But for others, it will stop them and they will go elsewhere. Once they go elsewhere, they're not going to come back.
    If the experienced people go, the students won't get as much help either.

I've been a member of this forum on and off for approximately 8 years. It used to be much, much busier than this.
  • MarieNoelleMarieNoelle Trusted Regular Hampshire/Surrey borderPosts: 1,058Moderator, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant

But for others, it will stop them and they will go elsewhere. Once they go elsewhere, they're not going to come back.

They can always post as Anonymous on another well known accountancy forum - I believe it is one of your bête noire ;-)
    The anonymous posters are brilliant, but not as brilliant as the ability to identify the identities behind the usernames because of a website flaw.

Some of the identities are not what you would expect!
    mskaat
    ooh tell us more! I always wondered how they got found out!
    If I tell, the flaw will get fixed. And I don't want that to happen!
    edited October 12
  • BeccaLouJ9BeccaLouJ9 Experienced Mentor DevonPosts: 1,014Registered
    You two are like teenage girls, having a gossip! Nothing has changed here... :)
    B x
    Becca Jones CTA MAAT ATT :)

MarieNoelle
  • TreadStoneTreadStone Feels At Home Posts: 218AAT Licensed Accountant
    I think it's the quietest it's EVER been. Certainly in the Licensed area......
    MarieNoelle

You two are like teenage girls, having a gossip! Nothing has changed here... :)
    B x

@BeccaLouJ9 you are back! :-)
    mskaatBeccaLouJ9
    Morning,

Not sure if I'm back, but certainly hovering.

How's everyone been?

B xxx

I died and was resurrected. Still feeling groggy from the ordeal, but I’m not too bad.

Why are you only hovering? I was going to make a sexist joke about hoovering, but I best not ;)
    edited October 18
    I hover every day.
    I wonder how many of us are just hovering? Hoping for something exciting to happen.

I hover every day.
    I wonder how many of us are just hovering? Hoping for something exciting to happen.

Becca will be posting about Christmas soon.
    MarieNoelle
    I am so excited already! Nearly finished making/baking/buying my Christmas presents. Soon time to get the cards. Christmas cake being made this weekend! :)
    x

MarieNoelle