Home For everyone Feedback for AAT
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Affiliate membership rip off

mwbmwb SolihullRegistered Posts: 11
I am an affiliate member not in an accounting role and have kept my membership up in order to keep in touch with professional developments and CPD.

It is very unfair that Affiliate members do not receive the Accounting Technician magazine, even though we pay more than student members and often have similar salaries and need for CPD.

I wasn't even told that the magazine was not sent to Affiliates when I renewed my membership. Needless to say I will not be renewing.

Comments

• MarieNoelleMarieNoelle Trusted Regular Hampshire/Surrey borderModerator, MAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 1,432
    I am surprised too, I have received the Accounting Technician magazine since I first registered as a student (a long time ago!). Is this a recent policy change @AAT_Team?
  • davealucasdavealucas LondonMAAT Posts: 81
    Student Members now get a magazine called "20"
  • David BallantyneDavid Ballantyne DurhamRegistered Posts: 112
    If it is true that affiliate members do not receive Accounting Technician magazine then it is an incredibly stupid decision on the part of the AAT.
    David Ballantyne
    Connect with me on LinkedIn!
    Ballantyne Accountants
  • AAT_TeamAAT_Team Administrator Posts: 547
    Hi @mwb this is a statement AAT we released at the beginning of the year -

We’ve refreshed the content of Accounting Technician magazine to make it a more useful resource for professional accountants and those running their own business, so it’s no longer appropriate for affiliate members, who are not yet professional accountants.

Once you become a full member, this will be included in your membership package.
    You will receive online access to 20 magazine until you become a full or licensed member.

Your membership fee will continue to be invested in a wide range of resources to help you progress in your career and prepare you for full membership, including:
    - Hundreds of online CPD resources
    - Career resources including a CV builder and interview support
    - Monthly NextStep newsletter packed with industry news and useful advice
    - Free and discounted events.

We're investigating if this is made clear enough when students progress to affiliate membership with our internal teams and have recommended that this is highlighted through the comms an affiliate receives.

Thanks
    MarieNoelle