Battling AAT study fatigue...

Hi all,

I've just started Level 4 after completing Levels 2 & 3 in the past year. I work full time whilst studying via distance learning and am struggling to find the motivation to get going on this final level.

Is anyone else on here distance learning Level 4 in the Oxford area who would be interested in being study buddies? Just to stay in touch, help motivate each other, and possibly meet up once in a while to study at the local library?

I often feel this is the main drawback of distance learning as if I feel like leaving the books closed on the shelf for months on end there's no one to stop me!

Drop me a message if interested.

All the best,

Dan

Comments

• amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Dan,

Sorry to hear you're having some study fatigue... I have also been there several times myself with keeping motivated - I am also studying Level 4 via distance learning. Motivation can be hard with working full time, day to day life and still living some form of social life! (Many times I have felt like giving up due to no motivation, but by doing Levels 2 and 3 already, we're so close to finishing now!).

Although I am not based in Oxford, Happy for you to drop me a message, if I can help anywhere at all. Also I can certainly recommend this forum for posting study/exam queries, support and general motivation. There are also a couple of AAT Facebook groups which offer similar support.

All the best and good luck! :)
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • yna
    yna Registered Posts: 6
    Hello Dan,

In my opinion look for motivation inside yourself, nobody can motivate you but just yourself and even if you rely on others for motivation it could be just for short time and back to normal. I hope you understand what I mean,it is powerful if you find it inside yourself...

I am doing level 4 as well and I have been studying by myself ( no tutor ), when I am ready I take exams. And I have a lot in my plate as well.

Just think about your goals and you will be motivated.

I wish you all the best

Nadia
  • dumutroba
    dumutroba Registered Posts: 262
    edited August 2018
    Hi Dan,
    I absolutely know how you feel
    I passed level 2 and 3 this year and I just feel drained! And I work full time and doing an apprenticeship in Management!
    I am currently preparing for level 4 FSLC exam, although I kept telling myself that I will take a break after finishing the first two levels. One thing is for sure I will definitely try and enjoy this level.
    I self study and sometimes it is difficult when you don't have schoolmates to discuss things with and compare your progress.
    Unfortunately I am quite far from you, but you can still use the forum, there are many people out there who would respond

Regards
    AAT Level 2. 2018 Distinction
    AAT Level 3. 2018 Distinction
    AAT Level 4. 2019 FSLC 100% MABU 93% MADC 82% PDSY 80%
    Xero Certified Advisor
  • Dan198z
    Dan198z Registered Posts: 2
    Hi all,

Thank you for your replies and words of encouragement. It's good to know I'm not alone in feeling this way. I think, as you have all mentioned, I will try and make use of this forum going forwards to benefit from being in contact with other AAT studiers, can only help!

Congrats to everyone on getting to where they are in their own studies. It's a great achievement, keep doing what we're doing and we'll get the fancy MAAT letters eventually I'm sure!

All the best,

Dan
Privacy Policy