Home For AAT student members AQ 2016 Professional Diploma in Accounting Business Tax

Corporation Tax Refund needed for a dissolved company

rickilausrickilaus Registered Posts: 1
Hi all,
I live in Australia, but for a couple of years, I had a dormant company open in the UK. I was recently asked to pay a tax return to the UK Gov which I eventually did several days ago after trying to dispute paying as the company was dormant.
After paying it, I received a letter saying don't worry about paying - we will zero the account. Now I am struggling to find out how I can get that money refunded to me as it was a total waste to pay and they have since dissolved my company.
Any accountants here who can give some advice?


  • douglasstrouddouglasstroud Registered Posts: 174
    Are you sure this was a genuine request and not some kind of scam? there have been quite a few of these going around lately pretending to be HMRC, although it would be strange to receive a letter from them after payment.

    If dormant and no CT was due why did you pay it?
    Now the Company has been dissolved I would think that the only way to recover the money would be to have it restored, whether that is worth all the hassle would depend on you.
Sign In or Register to comment.