FYI it looks like the site is going to crash!!

Options
acky2106
acky2106 Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
All, i have just receivedan error message to say the site had crashed due to the volume of people accessing past papers, it only stayed up for a mo then it was fine. I have downloaded all past papers onto a flash drive in case.

Comments

• acky2106
    Options
    And again?

We're sorry that you're seeing this page instead of the AAT's website.

Our website has crashed because so many of you need to access past papers, so we have published this page of past papers instead of the site. We know you need your exam attendance details too, and we're working hard to get the site back up and functioning properly. In the unlikely event that we can't get the site back for you by Monday, we will fax you your exam attendance details - just call us on 0845 863 0801 (UK) +44 (0)20 7397 3001 (Outside UK)

We're really sorry for this added stress when you're revising, and wish you all the best with your exams.

Click on one of the links below to go straight to the level required

Foundation/Certificate
    Intermediate/Advanced
    Technician/Diploma
    Payroll

(Right-click and save to your computer. Please note that the files available to download on this page are in PDF format, and you will need Adobe Acrobat in order to read them. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer, you can get it here.)
  • Anna Hillier
    Anna Hillier Registered Posts: 33 🤖 Admin 🤖
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know, Acky2106. Could you please confirm for me that you're seeing this at http://www.aat.org.uk?
    Thank you
  • acky2106
    Options
    Yes it happened twice when accessing past papers
  • Anna Hillier
    Options
    Hello again,
    I've taken advice on this and it's a network or isp caching issue. In other words, if you're at work, speak to your IT department, if you're at home, speak to your isp.

If you try it from another place (library/internet caff/friend's house) you'll find it works.

Do you have all the papers you need for now?
  • acky2106
    Options
    Iv'e put all of the papers onto a flash drive Anna, i feared a crash may happen after June...

Thanks.
  • Anna Hillier
    Options
    There has been no crash

I'm glad you've got the papers you need, Acky, and I do understand your caution. We've made many improvements to the site's stability since June, but as we, like all websites, won't ever be able to offer you an absolute 100% guarantee of stability 100% of the time, it's always a good idea not to leave downloading past papers until the last minute.

Your IT dept/isp will be able to empty the cache that's serving you pages from 6 months ago, which is the last time the site crashed.
  • acky2106
    Options
    I'm at home sweet home. What is being done about the papers being mixed up?
Privacy Policy