Are fast track courses any good?

LondonMatt
LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
I was wondering what you think if doing a fast track advanced certificate course (if that is possible). I'm just through the first exam for foundation and found it quite easy in the end :blushing:.

I went with Kaplan and had 11/12 weeks of 3 hour lessons, but most of the time finished way before that. It felt like I was wasting my time sitting there as we were just going over last weeks lesson. Having had the tutor explain everything first in class, most of the actually learning process for me was taking my own time to do as many example qustions as I could. I know that the Advanced course will be tougher and I shouldn't be too inpatient to progress, but I just want to know what my options are if I find the rest of foundation as easy.

Has anyone here done a fast track course? How did you find it?

Comments

• welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi there

From my own experience, I would say that the only way to get reasonably proficient and competent at accounts is to do them time and again - i.e. learn by repetition. For me the time taken to learn this way cetainly benefited me and so I would suggest that although crash courses may be good for some things, for accounting I would think that the more time spent doing the work (albeit case studies) the better.
Privacy Policy