Unit 5 Home Study

jitendra
jitendra Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
I have recently started doing Home Study through BPP Professional Education. I have to work on Home Study rogramme, Course Companion, Revision Companion and Passcards.

I am not used to making my own notes. Can anyone give me any tips on writing notes for myself and some examples so I can start getting used to this method of learning.

Comments

• sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    hi there,

i did exactly the same course and method as you.

trust me, you don't need to make notes... just follow the programme, do the questions at the end of each chapter, then use the revision book. afterwards, do the practice test and all of the past aat papers and you'll find the exam a walk-over !

you will find that you are constantly learning from your mistakes :-)

that's all there is to it !!!
  • jitendra
    jitendra Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    hi there,

i did exactly the same course and method as you.

trust me, you don't need to make notes... just follow the programme, do the questions at the end of each chapter, then use the revision book. afterwards, do the practice test and all of the past aat papers and you'll find the exam a walk-over !

you will find that you are constantly learning from your mistakes :-)

that's all there is to it !!!
    Thank you very much for your response. How many hours of study did you spend per week.
  • sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    well, i'm a professional musician and...

i either do 3 - 5 hours each day... or nothing :lol:

when i'm in the groove, up to 8 hours in one sitting :ohmy:

overall, somewhere in the region of 20 hours a week would be a conservative guess.

occasionally, i miss 4 or 5 days out and then i feel really guilty.

i try to spend 1 month studying the text, 1 month doing all the revision questions and 1 month on practice papers.

it all adds up to a lot of work... but fortune favours the prepared :001_smile:

incidentally, i only purchase the text and revision books (off ebay now). i found that the one time i needed the personal tutor, it took too long to wait for an answer, and it wasn't really all that helpful anyway !!!

unfortunately, you don't have any choice for simulated exams :mad2:

good luck.
Privacy Policy