Exam results

Options
speegs
speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi

Have any of you ever felt absolutely positive (and I mean ABSOLUTELY positive) that you have failed an exam, but then passed it?

I don't think there is anyway in hell that I have passed MAC (unit 33).

Speegs

Comments

• pickles
    pickles Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Ive never felt ive failed and then passed.

But i dont ive got a hope in hell of getting a email saying i passed DFS tommorow.
  • peugeot
    peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    You may be pleasantly surprised! It's natural to feel you've made a complete hash of the paper - time pressure and the fact that invariably the syllabus is huge doesn't help.

I know the ACCA students on the accountancy students forum are getting their results tomorrow (good luck to Bluewednesday!) and they have read the examiner reports and most of them are now very depressed!!

Good luck to you all next week. I hope you get the results you want!

Best wishes
    steve
  • emsquare1
    emsquare1 Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Yes I was 100% positive last year that i failed the financial exam FRA i think...

Nothing balance i misread questions opened a suspense and all manor of anarchy... when my exams come through i opened them 'knowing' i had failed. To my glee I had passed shreiked top of my voice and then was called into my managers office to be repremanded about being disruptive ! :)
  • Andrewh26
    Andrewh26 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I did PTC in December, I'm not positive I failed but I'll be not so surprised if i fail having made a few mistakes in the, yes you guessed it, second half of the exam paper.
  • 118 11kate
    118 11kate Registered Posts: 115 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I most definately believed that I had failed PCR last year, I sat the exam wrote absolute c**p and was convinced Id failed because I didnt know what I was writing just wrote anything and couldnt check after the exam because I couldnt remember anything AT ALL and then some lovely person (Who I hope is marking my BTC exam this time around) passed me :ohmy::huh::lol:
    I could not believe it....so I screamed, shouted, ran around the office and telephoned everyone lol.

This year sat BTC wrote an answer to everything, had no nerves and now I can think of aloads of mistakes ive done wrong:crying: but im hoping they are only small mistakes.

"Good Luck Everyone"

Im cacking my pants now though! :laugh:
  • speegs
    Options
    Do you need a nappy?
  • Andrewh26
    Andrewh26 Registered Posts: 69 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    cacking your pants? lovely image :p do you remember doing PTC? that second half of the paper is a little tricky, i'll be upset if i fail, to be honest, I'd pass myself
  • 118 11kate
    118 11kate Registered Posts: 115 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Not yet but may do later :001_tt2:
  • laurenw
    laurenw Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Does anyone else think today has dragged!!!!
  • emsquare1
    Options
    :blink: Just a little
  • laurenw
    laurenw Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Supprised my e-mail hasn't crash as my mouse is permenatly over the refresh button! :001_tt2:
  • emsquare1
    Options
    Supprised my e-mail hasn't crash as my mouse is permenatly over the refresh button! :001_tt2:

haha i know...

I have changed my email address to my home one and also forwarded it to my work so where ever it gets set ill ghet them
  • speegs
    Options
    Today has gone so slowly. I am bored stiff. And last night I couldn't sleep worrying about my results.

Why do we put ourselves through this eh?
  • emsquare1
    Options
    By the sound of it Speegs i think we will be too drunk to actually care tonight! :001_tt2:
  • speegs
    Options
    Yeah. 5 minutes to home time. Then I can get bladdered. Whooppeeee.
  • Roberta
    Roberta Registered Posts: 6 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Don't know, I had not the faintest idea that I would pass DFS, then got the e-mail saying I had....................GREAT! That's me finished AAT!
    :laugh:
  • SueP
    SueP Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    What next?

Hi

Congratulations to those that passed and commisserations to those that didn't.

Reading these postings has brought back memories!

I completed my AAT years ago - 2003! I decided I didn't want to study CIMA, CIPFA or ACCA as I enjoy preparing management reports without the extra responsibilities. I am on ยฃ24K, what more did I want? (Been in job 12 years, and worked my way up to this).
    But just this year I was beginning to think perhaps I should do one of them. Which one? Visited websites, had colleagues where each one of them had done something different so not very helpful as respected them all!

Then my employer company was bought by another company! As I do Credit Control the new company's Head Credit Controller came to visit me. He asked if I had heard of the Institute of Credit Management?, as he likes all his staff to study it (but they have a choice as to whether they do the exams - good!).

I hadn't heard of ICM before, so checked the internet, liked what I saw and am now pursuing Certificate level (3) with a view to doing level 5 next year.
    With my AAT qualification, plus my BTEC in Business & Finance, I was exempted from 3 out of 4 modules at Certificate level. So one exam in June and the potential to move on a different path.

I believe this is what I have been waiting for all this time!

So for those with similar thoughts, check it out.

I now have MAAT & AICM after my name!
Privacy Policy