DFS Today

Options
confused!!
confused!! Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi I know we cant discuss details yet but how does everyone feel?!

Comments

• PEEmery2000
    PEEmery2000 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    numbers - great
    wordy bit - hate it

hopefully my numerical side will get me through
  • LouLou143
    LouLou143 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    confused!! wrote: »
    Hi I know we cant discuss details yet but how does everyone feel?!

That was great for me.....all balanced and the theory was pretty good....how about you?
  • Swatty
    Swatty Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I thought it was absolutely fine. No surprises and very straight forward in all sections. Hope PCR is similar tomorrow :001_smile:
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    i felt none of the stuff i worried about came up in the exam and was pleasantly surprised :-)
  • leanne_d_mark
    leanne_d_mark Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I found it a bit time pressured probably because I did all the number bits in pencil first then had to go back and write over the top. Did get them all to balance whether I did that right or not dont know. Wordy bits ok never my strong point anyway
  • confused!!
    Options
    I think it was ok... everything balanced except one part but it was only a small amount!!

Section was also ok but i rambled on a bit an not even sure if it even had any relevance to the questions lol
  • sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    it was 100% a piece of cake...

does that mean that the pass mark will be 99.9% ?!!
  • tiny tina
    tiny tina Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    i thought i was ok, which was very surprising cause all the past exam have always been horrible...

I know i messed up in couple of places but nothing to worry about only a few minors!

lets hopw PTC is the same on Friday:001_smile:
  • karenv
    karenv Registered Posts: 114 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I messed up on part one balance sheet spotted the problem but ran out of time to correct it.... guess im resitting in December!
    Got the consolidated balance sheet to balance though.
    Hate the ratio bit rattled on about nothing.
  • LouLou143
    Options
    karenv wrote: »
    I messed up on part one balance sheet spotted the problem but ran out of time to correct it.... guess im resitting in December!

That does not mean that you've failed it....it still shows understanding of the accounts!
  • confused!!
    Options
    Thats right, even though my consolidated didnt quite balance, I showed all of my workings so with a bit of luck will get through it ok!
  • tiny tina
    Options
    im sure you will be fine its on one error.... as long as the others balanced you'll be fine

i know what you mean about rambling thats all i do in every written question
  • tiny tina
    Options
    i picked you the wrong figure for the consolidated used my share prem instead of sahre capital but every still balanced

Not bothered cause they can only knock me down the once for it
  • Raet8
    Raet8 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Altough the paper was straightforward with no suprises - I still didnt balance anything!!!!!!!!!!! And I know 2 ratios were wrong. December resit here I come again!!!!!!!:crying:
  • confused!!
    Options
    Roll on 3pm, I need to talk about answers LOL!!!
  • tiny tina
    Options
    cant even spell or type now :lol:
  • Mini-Man
    Mini-Man Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I Felt great until I left the exam room and found out I had got parts of the second sections incorrect. But now I think about it the more I feel like I have been down this route about December 07 Unit 8 paper, and it worked out fine in the end :laugh:

I revised really hard and intentionally focused on my weaker areas at the time, which did not include the second section as I felt comfortable with it's details and had done really well on this in December from unit 8.

I do hope that the rule where you get marked down wrong only once will help as my report contained the incorrect ans so on.:001_smile:. I felt really happy when I left my desk and felt a weight had been lifted !

Speaking to my friends (Who reminded me about the correct way forward:mad2:) outside, they did come to the ending for the task I had ! Just mine contains a bit of wrong information.

Hopfully I will be fine, just feel like I have let myself down on somthing very silly (by my standards anyway!) should I fail. Have been first time so far and Unit 8 Dec 07 I thought I had definitely failed but passed.

The rest of the paper today was great and got through without any difficulties just wanted to feel I got everything covered (Like Intermediate exams!)

I feel like I had more to worry about in December afterwards than this one but this time is my own silly errors and I know it now !!!

I was hoping not to have to worry about August results this time by the preparation for DFS but I feel sick about it all already. Had I not have realised my error I would fell safe in saying I would have passed easily as the rest of the paper was comfortable.

Oh Well, hope you all feel better than me at this point ? Just writing this makes me feel slightly better as all of you understand what we go through during an AAT Exam !!!

Mini-Man (Roll on results!)
  • LouLou143
    Options
    Raet8 wrote: »
    Altough the paper was straightforward with no suprises - I still didnt balance anything!!!!!!!!!!! And I know 2 ratios were wrong. December resit here I come again!!!!!!!:crying:

My friend sat hers in Dec and passed - not one thing balanced....so don't get disheartened! You can still pass it.
  • Becca
    Becca Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    dont think it was as bad as i was expecting but didnt manage to get my cashflow statement to balance. really didnt do to well on section 2.
  • LouLou143
    Options
    Quote from Mini-Man

"I do hope that the rule where you get marked down wrong only once will help as my report contained the incorrect ans so on.:001_smile:. I felt really happy when I left my desk and felt a weight had been lifted !"

Yes they will mark you down only once but if you've made valid points the discussion of these...then they will award points.
  • confused!!
    Options
    Exactly, when I sat FRA nothing balance and was convinced id falied, but i passed!!

I just panic because I have worked really hard for these exams, and if I fail any of them it will just feel like a waste of time and would have forgotten alot of it by the time December comes!
  • Mini-Man
    Options
    Hi Becca.

I know How you feel but hopfully you have done enough Like I am holding out for !!

Silly errors make me feel worse than generally not knowing an answer. Hope you pass !! (Like all of you on here today!)

Mini-Man
  • karenv
    karenv Registered Posts: 114 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Raet8 wrote: »

Glad to hear Im not alone.
    You and me both resitting then.
    Keep trying to rationalise that I did show workings and they were logical ( I think), so may be it will be ok. But if everyone balanced everything and we didnt it doesnt sound too good.
  • Mini-Man
    Options
    Glad to hear Im not alone.
    You and me both resitting then.
    Keep trying to rationalise that I did show workings and they were logical ( I think), so may be it will be ok. But if everyone balanced everything and we didnt it doesnt sound too good.
    LouLou143 wrote: »
    Quote from Mini-Man

"I do hope that the rule where you get marked down wrong only once will help as my report contained the incorrect ans so on.:001_smile:. I felt really happy when I left my desk and felt a weight had been lifted !"

Yes they will mark you down only once but if you've made valid points the discussion of these...then they will award points.

Even if your original answer had come from an invalid ratio ?
  • LouLou143
    Options
    Mini-Man wrote: »
    Even if your original answer had come from an invalid ratio ?

Did you do a ratio that was not asked for? or that you messed up on the calculation of the ratio?
  • Mini-Man
    Options
    LouLou143 wrote: »
    Did you do a ratio that was not asked for? or that you messed up on the calculation of the ratio?

I used a wrong "Profit figure" and used the Revenue instead of the profit figure for the other. Hopfully from that you can guess what I did :laugh: I also stated how to calculate them wrong for the first part too just for good measure:laugh:

Obviously those figures go forward the next part and so on until the end of the task !

Even sat here now I cannot believe Why I did the last one especialy so incorrectly but the other one was just a misunderstanding under the presssure !!!

I answered the last task like I had read it straight out of a book to the words !

I left the exam room 45min before the end happy that what I had was "dare I say it" right !

I checked it all over at least 3 times from start to finish and did not think there was any problem with my 2 little errors.

Mini-Man
  • Mini-Man
    Options
    I used a wrong "Profit figure" and used the Revenue instead of the profit figure for the other. Hopfully from that you can guess what I did :laugh: I also stated how to calculate them wrong for the first part too just for good measure:laugh:

Obviously those figures go forward the next part and so on until the end of the task !

Even sat here now I cannot believe Why I did the last one especialy so incorrectly but the other one was just a misunderstanding under the presssure !!!

I answered the last task like I had read it straight out of a book to the words !

I left the exam room 45min before the end happy that what I had was "dare I say it" right !

I checked it all over at least 3 times from start to finish and did not think there was any problem with my 2 little errors.

Mini-Man

Ahhhhh I said it "Little Errors" :laugh:

Why do they not feel so little ?
  • LouLou143
    Options

Mini-Man

Aslong as you made valid points on the ratios that you made....you still would get some points....I am sure I used the wrong profit aswell but I did add under it the my assumption was based on.....blah blah blah......you just did a minor calculation but the examiner will see that overall you are competant....if that makes sense.
  • Raet8
    Raet8 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Yes i laid out all my workings this time even the simple ones in the hope that is just someting really silly that I carried forward. I think now im going to try and forget about it and worry in August when the results come out. I am annoyed with myself I did so much study!!!!!:crying:
    Good luck to all when are the results out????
  • Foxy Brown
    Foxy Brown Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I did not get my consolidated to balance - used wrong figures for retained profit & minority interest but rest of paper was ok.
    Showed all my workings though but just did wrong workings in 2nd part of consolidated for retained profit & minority interest. Would this make me fail?:confused1:
Privacy Policy