FRA how do we think we did?

taskey
taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
i know we cannot post anything more than that till after 8pm but are we confident?

i think i am :thumbup: but i will wait for people to post their answers and then probably get really depressed :crying:

Tracy

Comments

• pernickety
    pernickety Registered Posts: 47 Regular contributor ⭐
    FRA - How was it for you?

I know also, we cannot post too much till after 8 p.m. tonight, but judging by the fact that at least two of us have finished, have travelled back home and are sat typing up postings, that the exam was fairly straight-forward? I am questioning myself over and over, since I left wondering if I missed something? Won't say any more though.
  • Simmyluvsu
    Simmyluvsu Registered Posts: 55 Regular contributor ⭐
    I'd finished within 90 mins and was convinced I must have missed something!
    I thought it was a brilliant exam! If you'd revised and put the hours in it was pretty straight forward.

I've spoken to a few friends though who didn't seem like they'd done too well. Couldn't get stuff to balance and panicked.

Overall. I loved it :D
  • NBB
    NBB Registered Posts: 125 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Totally agree, this was a resit for me and in comparison to all past papers I thought it was straight forward and no need to use a suspense either, chow for now!!
  • Nads
    Nads Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    I finished in 1.5hrs too and thought it was ok - pleasantly surprised. Everything balanced which is a good sign (hopefully) but will be interesting as you say when numbers start appearing on the site.
  • Chris
    Chris Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Aye didnt really seem to bad, finished a bit too fast though but didnt want to go back and check cos everything seem to just balance first go (which is bloody rare!!).

A lot of the harder stuff (to me at least) didnt make an appearance at all though which suprised me - cant mention what but if you sat it you should know what i mean!
  • ambitious
    ambitious Banned User Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    This exams was dead easy. All balanced and everything answered. This and ECR out the way I'm already looking forward to technician level. Though looking at the replies and comments on the technician boards, it does seems a big jump from Intermediate to Technician level.
  • KellyG
    KellyG Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
    I am so glad it is over... but agree with most of you guys it defo was soooo much easier than some of the past papers i have done, took me only 20 mins for section 1 and i was out of the exam room after just over an hour and 10 mins... glad some of the harder stuff didn't come up but like you said, if you put the work in you should be ok!!
    Bring it on! Good luck everyone! xxx :001_tt2:
  • KellyG
    when can we disuss the paper questions etc??
  • gramarye
    gramarye Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Not too Bad

I too thought the exam was straight forward, no surprises and everything balanced without needing to go over anything. Out of all the past papers this was by far the easiest. The skills test though in comparison was pretty solid.
    Can't wait till later till numbers start appearing!!:thumbup:
  • jenz496
    jenz496 Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    I can't believe we have to wait 9 weeks for results, it's gonna kill me!!
  • KellyG
    Jenz... how do you think you did??
  • jenz496
    i know i've definately made one mistake but the b/s was still right, so hopefully they'll let me have that one!!

how about you?

it was better than i thought, no mark up or margin =)
  • Tamsin82
    Tamsin82 Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    I think I did ok - I completely froze when I first opened it, but once I got going, everything actually balanced on the first go! I think that's a first for me! I thought ECR was easier, but think FRA definitely went better than I anticipated. Can't wait to see numbers and see if my balancing was actually correct! :thumbup:
  • KellyG
    My b/s was out slightly (£50!!) and still can't think where i went wrong!! But apart from that all seemed to be ok, felt quite confident working through it... extremely glad no mark ups/margins.... i still can't get my head around them!! x
  • jenz496
    lol.

i was ready to do all the mark up/margin questions first, that was my plan. before i had chance to forget how, but luckily none were there.

my b/s sheet balanced thank god, it was only when i came out i realised the error. but at least it didn't affect my total. will be interesting later to see some figures appearing!!
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I think I did pretty well. There is one nagging doubt I have about the depreciation charge for the year, but other than that, I didn't have any trouble. It will be interesting to see if others done the same as me though... I'll have to wait untill 8.01 pm...
  • jenz496
    londonmatt, i think we may have the same issue!! i hope we do.
  • jenz496
    lol did your b/s balance?
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I hope so - or not depending on how stoopid I am. I'll see you in 2 hours 41 minutes
  • diane79
    diane79 Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
    Does anybody else ever worry that it seems too easy...
  • jenz496
    diane79 wrote: »
    Does anybody else ever worry that it seems too easy...

yes, unfortunately.
  • immense
    immense Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    I took this last year and finished on 1hr 15minutes and passed!! It can be done - good luck xx
  • Tamsin82
    Tamsin82 Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    I'm worried even though everything balanced - I seriously have never had anything balance first go. Spent ages on the part-exchange, but think it worked out..Just nervous because it did almost seem too easy....
  • jeskimosdad
    jeskimosdad Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Cannot believe all the complicated stuff i.e. mark up, bad debt prov, ssaps and frs, partnership apportionment etc. wasnt there!!!!! do ya reckon we sat foundation again by mistake???:ohmy:
  • solly
    solly Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    hello.. done my exam. my trial balance didnt balance and my balance sheet wasnt correct. can i still pass
  • jenz496
    Cannot believe all the complicated stuff i.e. mark up, bad debt prov, ssaps and frs, partnership apportionment etc. wasnt there!!!!! do ya reckon we sat foundation again by mistake???:ohmy:

lol that was what i thought, i had to recheck the front of the book :001_tongue:
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    i had minutes to spare only cos my bs did not balance, then after working and reworking it finally did.

section 1 was really easy, flew through that

PHEW
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    Argh

OMG I left the exam about 4.40 after my balance sheet didnt balance because my trial balance didnt balance. my bank account nearly did but then I realised Id done everything back to front. Found it really hard and nearly cried. You guys are saying your glad partnership apportionment anf FRS wernt on there but thats the stuff i find easiest
  • diane79
    diane79 Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
    Yes you can still pass, if you've shown your workings and the theory is correct
  • artist
    artist Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    I couldn't believe it was this easy, I even checked if the question paper still had all the sheets. Hope answers were correct everything balanced though:thumbup:
Privacy Policy