PTC pick your brain please

PEEmery2000
PEEmery2000 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
Im in the process of cramming for PTC tomorow, cnt wait for it to be over,

Ive been concentration on section 2 and the share pool

After reviewing the questions ive noticed they like rights issues and bonus issues.

So ive realised that if they had 10000 shares at the end of a pool (apr 98), purchased another 5000 in for example 2004 and a rights issue of 1 to 10 was done after this. I would issue 500 more to my '5000' share and a further 1000 shares to my pool value.

Does it work the same with bonus issue of shares? Are they treated pretty much idential but one has a cost and the other doesnt? I hope i make sense with what im saying.

Thanks

Comments

• speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi PEEmery2000

You are correct.

The only difference between the bonus issue shares and the rights issue shares is that you have to pay for a rights issue, but you do not pay for a bonus issue.

Speegs
  • kyle1
    kyle1 Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Im in the process of cramming for PTC tomorow, cnt wait for it to be over,

Ive been concentration on section 2 and the share pool

After reviewing the questions ive noticed they like rights issues and bonus issues.

So ive realised that if they had 10000 shares at the end of a pool (apr 98), purchased another 5000 in for example 2004 and a rights issue of 1 to 10 was done after this. I would issue 500 more to my '5000' share and a further 1000 shares to my pool value.

Does it work the same with bonus issue of shares? Are they treated pretty much idential but one has a cost and the other doesnt? I hope i make sense with what im saying.

Thanks
    Just read through my notes and as far as i am aware they are treated the same you will proportion the bonus issue to the pool (apr98) and to any other shares owned at that point in time.
  • PEEmery2000
    PEEmery2000 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    thank you
Privacy Policy