Hoildays!!

sharon
sharon Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hey guys,

I'm planning to on hoilday in August but have no idea where to go!! Any ideas??
ยซ1

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Music Festival

Hey you should try am going!

Ok toliets smell, camping sucks and lots of strange people go - Heck tell me were you decide to go ive changed my mind lol
  • sharon
    lol... No i could not do that, Unless there was a hotel near by!! I am so in need of a hoilday!!Was thinking maybe Morroco, egypt, rome, venice, milan, the list goes on and on, Unfortunately i can only go to one!
  • A-Vic
    Heres an Idea

Why not do a little tour around europe, or UK?

I did it two years ago spending 3 days in london, 2 days in Newcastle a night meeting friends in Leeds and going to a rock night, 2 Days in scotland then finished off with a 3 day mini cruse to Amsterdam.

Yes there is a lot of travling involved but a little bit of everything and it turned out cheaper than package holiday as we planned the whole route and managed to find some great sites for cheap Train Tickets (Trainline)and the mini cruise came to ยฃ66 for two with P&O ferries (and thats with transferes from rotterdam to amsterdam)
  • sharon
    That sounds great!!! we were thinking of going to venice and then catching a train to Milan, I will put my ideas forward to my partner tonight. If it was up to me...I'd be on a hot beach somewhere for 2 weeks!!!
  • tattookitten
    tattookitten Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor โญ
    I vote Rome - if you like Dan Brown's Angels and Demons book you can do the tour around the churches + sights involved in the story!

I work at a travel agency so I get tempted all the time, however my bf and I just going to london to pretend to be tourists and visit all the touristy places :D
  • sharon
    Im planning to do that in a few weeks too!!!Tattoo kitten do you work at Thomas cook in Peterborough?
  • tattookitten
    No I'm at the Travel Centre in Norwich, if you want I can give you our number and they might be able to find you a better deal than Thomas Cook, we're independent and so use all the tour ops you can think of lol! We do holiday enquires over telephone and via email all the time.

Let me know! hehe! wow what a sales person I am! :D
  • tattookitten
    oh oh, what are you planning on doing in London, heres my mini list of adventures:

King tut exhibition
    Science museum
    Natural History museum
    Planetarium
    Hard Rock Cafe
    Jack the Ripper tour
    Dungeons
    Tower or London and Buckingham palace

Just a few things there!
  • tattookitten
    Lol no problems, I hope you have super amounts of fun! pm me and I'll send you all the telephone number!
  • sharon
    Tattookitten...I am just going to pinch all your ideas! Cheers!!

I will get the number off you next week if that's ok, Have a good weekend guys!!! I plan to shop...shop..shop!!!
  • cherub76
    cherub76 Registered Posts: 22 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    We did the London touristy thing back in March for the 1st time, we had a fantastic time. We stayed in a Travelodge at Moorgate for ยฃ19 per room, and it had a restaurant downstairs, so we could buy dinner and breakfast too!.
    We did the London Eye (well worth a visit), the Science museum (be prepared to spend hours in there) and then a walk around St James Park and up round Buck Palace (even the hubbie was impressed with that!)
    We did that over 2 days, we would all ahve loved to stay longer, so going back up in July

Good luck holiday hunting!
  • JayneHogan
    JayneHogan Registered Posts: 697 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Whatever you do don't go to the Hard Rock Cafe.......................IT..............IS................A.....................VERY BIG RIP OFF!!!
  • A-Vic
    Hard Rock

Love the hard rock cafe in manchester at the printworks - it is expensive but they do some really nice cocktails :001_tongue:
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I am having an activity holiday. We are ripping out our old kitchen.........
  • A-Vic
    wow ive heard there fun NOT bless ya lol
  • kendall17
    kendall17 Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor โญ
    I've just done a very messy week in tenerife with the lads =] try that, you wont be disappointed, Hooters was my favourite bar though (only go in with sunglasses on ;) )
  • Pencil
    Pencil Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor โญ
    I love holidays.....

I haven't been abroad on holiday for years so decided to treat myself and family to a week in Cyprus in August. Now I have found out that we shall be melting in the heat, but plan to live in the pool or on the beach and dip in and out of the sea all day. Live it up a bit at night, strolling around Paphos harbour, nice meal, find a bit of greek/cypriot dancing <sigh>:thumbup1:

THEN - worse of all, discovered that the day I go is the day the results get sent out. So here's the choice, I either log on while away to find out my results and run the risk of having a very disappointed holiday or wait until we get back and find out a week after everyone else.:scared:

:confused1:
  • alwa-37
    alwa-37 Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor โญ
    hi sharon

i hav a great idea

i think u better choose the "sunny side of life"... under water beauty n sandy white beaches... i mean beautiful MALDIVES
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I've just got back from two and a half weeks in Thailand.. is very cheap and great beaches.. well worth going.. just have to get through the 12 hr flight!

:thumbup:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    sharon wrote: ยป
    Hey guys,

I'm planning to on hoilday in August but have no idea where to go!! Any ideas??

hey you can always go on holiday with the whole of your in-laws (like me)

wooo hooooooooo holiday with every in -law........partyyyyyyyyyyyy

:001_tongue:
  • A-Vic
    Mark

Are you nuts? :confused1: lol
  • A-Vic
    Pencil

Dont even think about looking try your best to enjoy your holiday and worry about it later
  • mark130273
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Are you nuts? :confused1: lol

erm,. think i might be ,matee........just hope i pass because we go 2 days after the results come out .so if i dont holiday will be a sulking one?:thumbup1:
  • sharon
    hi sharon

i hav a great idea

i think u better choose the "sunny side of life"... under water beauty n sandy white beaches... i mean beautiful MALDIVES

Been there ...done that...loved it!!!!!!
    Done 10 nights in the maldives last year! stayed in Kanhura (I think it's spelt like that! Anyways its pure bliss!!!!)
  • mark130273
    i wouldnt mind if it was a hot country spending all and sundry with my in-laws.. but dont think that waterford in southern ireland will be 30+ degrees ?

:001_wub:
  • SalinaA
    SalinaA Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor โญ
    For a holiday abroad I would recommend Cyprus and Egypt - Beautiful places and so much to do... Egypt is cheaper than Cyprus but both are worth a visit for sure and you can even do an overnight cruise between the two!!!

If in London I would recommend Crnival this weekend and there will be lots of carnival parties happening everywhere in London due to this... Worth a visit for sure :)
  • mark130273
    well got my pass of cause .lol

now im off to ireland for 2 weeks with 14 members of my wifes family....

good thing or bad ..let you decide ?lol:thumbup::thumbdown:
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I am having a nightmare two weeks with the whole kitchen thing, but I am off to Ireland too. Galway. What part are you heading to Mark?
  • SalinaA
    SalinaA Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor โญ
    Atleast you guys are going on holiday :(

Im stuck here till early next year me thinks :(
  • jkc
    jkc Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    all your hols sound like dreamy to me, wish i cd go
    im jus waitin for enrolment date, so bored!!!!!
Privacy Policy