What percentage of each section do you think will need to be correct to pass

richards0l0
richards0l0 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
In PEV, DFS and PCR there are 2 sections you need to show competance in both, what percentage in each section do you need to get correct to pass the overall exam, i know it varys for each exam but i wouldn't mind knowing peoples opinions on it. Thanks

Comments

• alwa-37
    alwa-37 Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
    i think it is 50% in each section...

do anyone else hav any idea??????:confused1:
  • visha
    visha Registered Posts: 218 Dedicated contributor 🦉
  • confused!!
    confused!! Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I hope it is just 50% then I may have a chance :-)
  • vickybrown31
    vickybrown31 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    It doesn't exactly work on a % basis of the whole paper. Once the exam has been sat, examiners will look at a say 20 papers to try to guage the standard. Once this has been set I think you are looking at approximately 70% of that. Dont quote me on that but that's what I think happens. I sat the ECR in June 07 and that was a bu**er of a paper which had questions that had not been taught - let alone tested before - and I believe certainly in that paper you were not looking to gain 70% of the whole paper but 70% of the standard set. God I have really waffled there but hopefully you get the gist of what I am trying to say!!!!!!!
  • Pebbles
    Pebbles Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Yes, I think that sounds fair. BPP told us 75-80% but I think that depends on the paper and the overall results from students. I think the lowest setting would be 65% if examiners felt a lot of students struggled. If it was an easy paper then you could expect a higher setting. That's why we are never told the percentage pass rate.
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Generally, competency is set at between 65% - 70% but can be lower from what I've been told.
  • sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    i've heard that competency is being raised to 90% in order to maintain some sort of quality control.
Privacy Policy