SWOT Analysis for Unit 10

zippy
zippy Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
Morning all!

I've had a search around but I can't seem to find much info on SWOT analysis.

I need to do one for each employee within the Finance Team.

I've never done one before, but is it literally just listing the strengths and weaknesses for each employee? Or is there more to it than that?

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• visha
    visha Registered Posts: 218 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    zippy wrote: »
    Morning all!

.. is it literally just listing the strengths and weaknesses for each employee? Or is there more to it than that?

Yes it is literally that!

However, understand the purpose of SWOT.

From that SWOT you need to identyfy the training needs for that employees and then positively recommend what training is required. (10.1 B)
  • zippy
    Excellent! Thanks for the reply. I'm a bit confused by the Opportunities and Threats part for employees though? Or do you just not do that bit?!

Is there a set format/table or anything I should be using or are bullet points fine?

Thanks again
  • visha
    visha Registered Posts: 218 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You need to consider opportunities and threats of each employee as well.

An employee may be 59 year old woman and may be retiring next years. Would you advise your employers to send that employee for training that may cost over £1500?

You may have an employee that may resent to be trained! That employee many not be competent to do it’s job of say payroll. Payroll. Tax, maternity, paternity, redundancy etc laws and rules change every year. Is that employee going to competent without updating his/her’s skills? How will this affect your company?

So not only you have to consider Strengths, Weakness but Opportunities and Threats of each employee when writing about them.

In my opinion the more problems you can find, the better chances you will have to cover AAT Unit 10’s PCs and K&Us
  • zippy
    Thats great thanks for your help!

I'm struggling to get this all done for Tuesday but I'm determined!
  • X5wrangler
    X5wrangler Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Zippy,
    do you have to do SWOT analysis of each member of the finance team? What about just doing some SWOT analysis on the whole team? You could look at the:
    Strengths -do they work as a team, do they produce work to a high standard, what do their 'customers' think of the service they receive?
    Weaknesses - Are there any training needs, is this an individual or a team thing?
    Opportunities - Can any duties be realigned to increase productivity. Can morale be boosted, can a new way of working be introduced to allow development for each individual?
    Threats (Risks) - Funding for training, individuals not open to change, low morale?
    The list is endless but hopefully this has given you something more to work with.
    I would also say bullet points are the best way to highlight the analysis.
    Cheers :001_smile:
  • zippy
    X5wrangler wrote: »
    Zippy,
    do you have to do SWOT analysis of each member of the finance team? What about just doing some SWOT analysis on the whole team? You could look at the:
    Strengths -do they work as a team, do they produce work to a high standard, what do their 'customers' think of the service they receive?
    Weaknesses - Are there any training needs, is this an individual or a team thing?
    Opportunities - Can any duties be realigned to increase productivity. Can morale be boosted, can a new way of working be introduced to allow development for each individual?
    Threats (Risks) - Funding for training, individuals not open to change, low morale?
    The list is endless but hopefully this has given you something more to work with.
    I would also say bullet points are the best way to highlight the analysis.
    Cheers :001_smile:

Interesting point. I hadn't really considered it that way, I'm not sure If I could have or not, but I've already done the strengths and weaknesses of each employee so It won't be too hard to just add in the opportunities and threats now. But thanks for the suggestion anyway! I used bullet points so at least I'm on the right lines :001_smile:
  • X5wrangler
    X5wrangler Registered Posts: 170 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Sounds like you've got it pretty sewn up anyway. Once you get into it, it tends to flow.
    Good luck! :001_smile:
Privacy Policy