Unit 10

MILLY21
MILLY21 Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi everyone, after loosing a lot of sleep this year on my intermediate level i want to use the summer productively so am thinking of starting my unit 10. Trouble is trying to work out what to do. I work in an engineering company and the office structure is small, four directors, me a buyer and the owners wife. It would be a great help if I had some idea what kinds of things other people have chosen so I can see a topic has been staring me inteh face all along.

Comments

• visha
    visha Registered Posts: 218 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You could easily do a project as a company buyer. I think it is a very good theme.

PM me you e-mail and I will send you some useful resources.
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

Something you may want to bear in mind is...

If you are a diploma student, as opposed to an NVQ student, you might not have a choice in what you do. This is because, certainly at BPP anyway, you have to do the case study.

This has it merits because by doing to case study you do not have to come up with an idea for your project as it is all in the case study already. You just have to decide what problems within the case study you want to tackle.

Good luck with it anyway and remember that it is really isn't as bad as people make it sound. If you get stuck just shout out on the forums and we will come running.

Speegs

PS Your college should be able to give you the case study if you choose this route.
    :thumbup:
  • MILLY21
    Hey thank you for your support. My typing went a bit off before im not a buyer i look after the accounts and payroll. In doing the NVQ in college so will have to do my own project. Its great to know theres people out there to help you so thanks again. Im new to this site so once ive found how to send my email I will come back to you. Keep your eye out for my pleas for help!!!
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    As you are an NVQ student you may well have a choice between doing your own project or doing the case study. YOu will need to check with your college.

Speegs
  • MILLY21
    I have emailed my tutor about this this week ad he seems to think I should do a work based study. Im sure it will come to me what to do, eventually!! Thanks
  • karenv
    karenv Registered Posts: 114 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    MILLY21 wrote: »
    I have emailed my tutor about this this week ad he seems to think I should do a work based study. Im sure it will come to me what to do, eventually!! Thanks

You just need to identify an area that needs improving.
    I work in a similar environment to you. i upgraded the accounting method to a computerised system that included stock control.
    But you may have other areas that could be improved.
    Is there a some inefficiency in the system you have at work? It need'nt be too big an area.
  • MILLY21
    Hey, do you know what, you have given me an idea. We already have a computerised system for accounting and we have a bespoke system for ordering goods against the job numbers. Consumables and other items are ordered under a job number which covers misce. items shall we say and there is currently no control over that, it just goes in the stores so I guess I would base my project on that. That would cover fraud ect. Thank you x
  • karenv
    karenv Registered Posts: 114 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Brilliant.
    Glad to be of assistance.
    It really isnt too difficult once you get going. Just time consuming.
    Good Luck.
  • MILLY21
    I am so excited now I had got my topic, the more I think about it, the more it's a topic that can tick all of the boxes and is properly practical, cost effective and achieveable and do you know it will probably work too!! Thank you so very much to you and everyone else for there support, knew if would be staring me in the face all along but I needed the likes of yourself to point me in the right direction!!! You are fab!!!
  • sebastianforbes
    sebastianforbes Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    i would definitely advocate doing the aat case study even if you are an nvq student.

I've just finished mine... it only took 6 days !

i'm a distance learner... my tutor and i exchanged 55 emails to get it all sorted out.

my biggest problem was dealing with bpp administration ?!?... while the tutor was/is fantastic !!!
  • fruitcake
    fruitcake Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    just a little bit of advice...

try to map your work against the required criteria as you go... it may help to tick all of the boxes rather that going through your report at the end and finding that htere is something missing

good luck
Privacy Policy