Going to the next stage ,behind AAT

ani-ari
ani-ari Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
Hi Everybody.
First wish that all of us pass June exams,but we still have to think what is next.

I am thinking of doing ACCA and I am looking at studying from home as other options are more difficult for me as I am short in time (travel up and down),children,working full time and maybe expensive.

I have looked at Premier Training .They provide all materials you need to study at home(as they say on their website).Any ather on lline provider?

Is anyone thinking to study from home??
Is it possible to pass these exams just on self study?
Am I "stupid".if I think I can do it.

Also ,I am working in public services and CIPFA is very recognasible .
I have heard that you can study for CIPFA on line?How? where? how long?

Any advice ,help ,news etc will be apreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• pinksponk
    pinksponk Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
    I want to know this as well because I need to study from home. If you find out can yoy let me know as well please
  • CelticStar
    CelticStar Registered Posts: 142 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    If you type 'distance learning' or 'home study' into the search function it should bring up some relevant threads. The three main distance learning providers are FTC Kaplan, BPP & Premier Training, you should find threads on all of them as well.

Hope that helps. :001_smile:
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I dont know where abouts you all our but round hear we have a college that offers CIMA at least on the basis of all day saturday and sunday on one weekend a month and then some homework for the rest of the month.
  • aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    I was thinking of studying distance learning myself as I can't afford the classes and my employer doesn't look like they want to pay for me. BPP & Kaplan seem to be about the same. Premier has apparently gone down hill (I've read I've never used them).

There are quite a few distance learning students over on the accountancy students forum - you might want to ask them how they find it:
    http://www.accountancystudents.co.uk/cms/

There is probably further information on CIPFA's website about online study. I know there were some problems when it first went online.
    http://www.cipfa.org.uk/
Privacy Policy