NVQ3 In Newcastle??

A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Is there anyone on here planning to go on to NVQ3 (intermidiate) at Newcastle College? if so which college? been trying to help a friend who wants to start September however can only do it one day a week through work, but having problems finding the right course? All its coming up with is Advanced certificate (deploma pathway)- but are these not different?

We have been in contact with the college but they sent info for the advanced certificate that will be two afternoons a week, which is no good.

Any Help would be greatfully received.

Comments

• PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Advanced Certificate and NVQ Level 3 pretty much equivalent to each other, you don't need to build a portfolio for Adv. cert.
  • A-Vic
    Thanks for that

Yeah i know that taking advanced myself.

Need any info on courses available at Newcastle in NVQ and they on day release as this is for someone who work in finance for a large company and has already studyied NVQ2
  • JasonT
    JasonT Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    <delurk>
    Tynemet College does NVQ3 on afternoon/evening as well as full day
    link for further info:
    http://www.tynemet.ac.uk/search/course_search_resultsmt.asp?keyword=aat

it is running at the Coast Road Campus from September
    Jason
    </delurk>
  • blacksheep
    blacksheep Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
    You could try FTC Kaplan at top of Northumberland Street in town centre.
    I did my NVQ3 with them on day release a year ago, and they were really good.
  • A-Vic
    Spoke directly

Hey all bit of an update

Just spoken with Newcastle college and apprently they dont do the NVQ pathway now so it will have to be advanced certificate instead
Privacy Policy