PEV Exam Results

Laura88
Laura88 Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi Everyone

Congrats to all who have passed!

May sound like a unusual question, but has anyone failed PEV...apart from me?? :mad2: I'm absolutely gutted. I took PEV, DFS and PTC, passed both others but not PEV.

I am really frustrated because I don't know why!

Out of the 3 exams I was expecting to fail DFS (I thought I had totally messed it up and missed a few questions) but I actually passed that. Its really wierd as I didn't think PEV was that bad really. I can't understand it!

Arghhhh!!!! So angry!!

Laura
x

Comments

• NBB
    NBB Registered Posts: 125 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Laura, Its not an unusual question I have failed PEV for the second time time now its so annoying I'm made up passed DFS tho!!!!
  • fruitcake
    fruitcake Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    me too

was quite confident about pev and failed section 2

i was convinced i failed dfs but have passed... a bit odd but there you go, i thought i'd finished at college but it looks like i'm going back... if only for a re-sit!!!
  • plamena
    plamena Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    I failed PEV as well section 2 and I am gutted. I really thought that I will pass....
  • NBB
    Yep section 2 for me as well, that flaming turbine question got me all flared up in the exam but hey if at first you don't succeed deny all knowledge that you tried in the first place!!!

Only joking, its not the end of the world at least we can have another go there are some exams that you can't redo so I think i'm going to count myself lucky xx
  • Laura88
    I am absolutely devestated that I have failed PEV. I felt that was my stronger subject as well. Obviously not. :crying:

I don't know how it has happened. I'd have been ok if I had failed DFS because I thought I'd totally gone to pot with that, I didn't expect to pass DFS as I hated the subject. But PEV, I had some hope. Just gutted.

It took my friend 4 attempts to pass PEV previously so maybe it is harder :confused1: Or maybe its just me!!

Never mind, I suppose passing 2 out of 3 isn't that bad. Could of been better.

Laura
    x
  • confused!!
    confused!! Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Yep, I failed PEV section 2 as well :-(
  • Laura88
    Really? Oh right. Thanks

I have thought about that to be honest. I mean I'm not saying I got everything right but I at least feel I am more competent and confident in PEV than DFS.

Hand on heart, I could tell you more things about PEV than DFS... don't know how I passed that. My friends could not believe that I actually failed PEV. Well I can't either...gob smacked is the word!

Thanks for the advise...I'm going to do that.

I'm having positive thoughts though...I'd rather study alone for PEV (As I have finnished college now) than for DFS!!

Laura

x
  • NBB
    Laura88 wrote: »
    I am absolutely devestated that I have failed PEV. I felt that was my stronger subject as well. Obviously not. :crying:

I don't know how it has happened. I'd have been ok if I had failed DFS because I thought I'd totally gone to pot with that, I didn't expect to pass DFS as I hated the subject. But PEV, I had some hope. Just gutted.

It took my friend 4 attempts to pass PEV previously so maybe it is harder :confused1: Or maybe its just me!!

Never mind, I suppose passing 2 out of 3 isn't that bad. Could of been better.

Laura
    x

Laura If you really are positive you did well in PEV why not appeal?? I felt like you in December over my PCR results and it came back Successful and that they had undervalued my paper!!!!
  • NBB
    Really? Oh right. Thanks

I have thought about that to be honest. I mean I'm not saying I got everything right but I at least feel I am more competent and confident in PEV than DFS.

Hand on heart, I could tell you more things about PEV than DFS... don't know how I passed that. My friends could not believe that I actually failed PEV. Well I can't either...gob smacked is the word!

Thanks for the advise...I'm going to do that.

I'm having positive thoughts though...I'd rather study alone for PEV (As I have finnished college now) than for DFS!!

Laura

x

Honestly I failed both PEV & PCR in December I was convinced I had done well on both so I appealed both It camE back the same result for PEV but I got very detailed feedback on my PEV as to where I went wrong, but I know where I went wrong this time and it was that silly turbine question!!!

Good luck with the appeal its worth a try and if it comes back successful you will receive the £42 back too!!
  • Jangles
    Jangles Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Congratulations to those who have passed. For those who haven't - don't give up.

I have to agree with the comments made - I sat DFS and PEV and I felt much more confident with PEV and if I thought I had failed one I would have said DFS...

I too failed on section 2 PEV and I don't feel I should blame the paper - however that turbine question ....I really did not understand what it was driving at and that was a large chunk of section 2. Was supposed to be my final exams too.

Hey ho - where's that bottle of gin!!!!
  • confused!!
    NBB wrote: »
    Laura If you really are positive you did well in PEV why not appeal?? I felt like you in December over my PCR results and it came back Successful and that they had undervalued my paper!!!!

Hiya

How do you appeal, or at least request to see your script to see where you went wrong? Also do you have to pay??

Somebody I work with a couple of years ago failed PEV and didnt appeal, but a few weeks later receieved an email to say they had remarked her paper as she was boderline and passed her!
  • NBB
    Jangles wrote: »
    Congratulations to those who have passed. For those who haven't - don't give up.

I have to agree with the comments made - I sat DFS and PEV and I felt much more confident with PEV and if I thought I had failed one I would have said DFS...

I too failed on section 2 PEV and I don't feel I should blame the paper - however that turbine question ....I really did not understand what it was driving at and that was a large chunk of section 2. Was supposed to be my final exams too.

Hey ho - where's that bottle of gin!!!!

Haha could I have some please Jangles???
  • fpettifer
    fpettifer Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    I PASSED!!! Wow was really worrying about having to retake them both (PEV/PCR).

Congrats to all xx:thumbup:
  • NBB
    confused!! wrote: »
    Hiya

How do you appeal, or at least request to see your script to see where you went wrong? Also do you have to pay??

Somebody I work with a couple of years ago failed PEV and didnt appeal, but a few weeks later receieved an email to say they had remarked her paper as she was boderline and passed her!

Look at the writing under the results email it will tell you how to appeal Confused.

It costs £42 but if it comes back that your paper was succesful then you will receive this amount back!!!
  • Jangles
    Haha could I have some please Jangles???

Help yourself!!! ..... I am thinking that going to work tomorrow and telling them I have failed PEV is one thing but going in smelling of gin and telling them I have failed is a whole new level!!!

:lol:
  • NBB
    Help yourself!!! ..... I am thinking that going to work tomorrow and telling them I have failed PEV is one thing but going in smelling of gin and telling them I have failed is a whole new level!!!

:lol:

Well try telling them when you have a know it all sitting right next you, i'm dreading it!!
  • swampy1901
    swampy1901 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    I failed the PEV too (in both sections) but fully expected that result so I'm not too upset. But was successful in the PCR which I felt confident about.
    Guess it's time to dig out the revision stuff for PEV and get ready for December!!! I now have two exams to study for again and a Unit 10 to complete - it's so much easier when you have only one to concentrate on. I admire those people who can study and sit exams in three or more subjects and pass the lot!!

Swampy
  • Jangles
    Well try telling them when you have a know it all sitting right next you, i'm dreading it!!

Just think how much more you will know than "know it all" when you revise again for your re-sit....we just need to put a positive spin on it!!! Surely we will be more valuable to our employers having studied and studied again... :thumbup1:
  • NBB
    Just think how much more you will know than "know it all" when you revise again for your re-sit....we just need to put a positive spin on it!!! Surely we will be more valuable to our employers having studied and studied again... :thumbup1:

Valuable I will be priceless if that is the case as December will be my third attempt lol
  • Jangles
    Valuable I will be priceless if that is the case as December will be my third attempt lol

Perhaps now would be an appropriate time to ask for that payrise???!!

:thumbup:
  • NBB
    Perhaps now would be an appropriate time to ask for that payrise???!!

:thumbup:

Lol yeah before I start getting head hunted hey!!!!
  • plamena
    I will deffinetly appeal. I know I messed it up with the turbines, but everything else was right as far as I was concerned. And I only took the PEV coz didnt have time to prepare for the PCR as well. So I thought to myself I better concentrate on 1 and pass it 100% rather than take to and failled both... Look what happened. I am so upset i've only got the DFS out of the way.
  • Jangles
    Lol yeah before I start getting head hunted hey!!!!

I am loving the positivity - anyways i am off to bed....big day tomorrow, need my wits about me!! Good luck for tomorro - remember positive spin :001_smile:
  • Laura88
    plamena wrote: »
    I will deffinetly appeal. I know I messed it up with the turbines, but everything else was right as far as I was concerned. And I only took the PEV coz didnt have time to prepare for the PCR as well. So I thought to myself I better concentrate on 1 and pass it 100% rather than take to and failled both... Look what happened. I am so upset i've only got the DFS out of the way.

I feel exactly the same as you. Turbines were a bad part but the rest of it was ok I thought! I'm gutted because I know a lot of people who messed up the turbines question. I think it was a nasty part, I mean there was a lot of frustrated people on here on the day of the PEV exam because of that last question.

I am definately going to appeal. I mean if it still comes back unsuccesful, then at least we should get some feedback on where we went wrong so we can put it right. I think thats the only option really, bacause I thought I was doing alright with PEV and getting things right.

...and maybe, if more quite a few people appeal and are feeling the same as us, they may do something about it! Lets hope. Fingers crossed.

Laura
    x
  • nicolaross86
    nicolaross86 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    I passed pcr and failed pev.
    Bit gutted like cause I was quite confident on both of them!
    Never mind, there's always xmas!
  • NBB
    I feel exactly the same as you. Turbines were a bad part but the rest of it was ok I thought! I'm gutted because I know a lot of people who messed up the turbines question. I think it was a nasty part, I mean there was a lot of frustrated people on here on the day of the PEV exam because of that last question.

I am definately going to appeal. I mean if it still comes back unsuccesful, then at least we should get some feedback on where we went wrong so we can put it right. I think thats the only option really, bacause I thought I was doing alright with PEV and getting things right.

...and maybe, if more quite a few people appeal and are feeling the same as us, they may do something about it! Lets hope. Fingers crossed.

Laura
    x

Laura

That is what I messed up on that silly turbine question, I am going to wait to read the chief assessor's report to see what his comments are and then decide whether to appeal or not xx
  • plamena

Laura
    x

Exactly I totally agree, if everybody failed that part and a lot a people appeal they should do something about it coz its not fair. I really really want to beleive in this :thumbup1:
    Fingers crossed
  • Laura88
    Come on then...everyone appeal!! See if we can all turn our 'N's into 'Y's and be SUCCESSFUL!!

Lets all keep our fingers crossed!! Good luck everyone. We will get there one day!!

Laura

x
  • confused!!
    Think I will appeal, not PCR as know i really messed up there but apart from the turbine question in PEV im sure i would have got everything else ok.....or more or less ok! :confused1:

You have to get work to sign the form though - not sure I want to get them involved to be honest!!
  • NBB
    confused!! wrote: »
    Think I will appeal, not PCR as know i really messed up there but apart from the turbine question in PEV im sure i would have got everything else ok.....or more or less ok! :confused1:

You have to get work to sign the form though - not sure I want to get them involved to be honest!!

No you don't confused you can get your tutor to sign for you xx
Privacy Policy