Can i still go on to ACCA if i have failed my PEV?

Options
gem 1
gem 1 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
i have completed all of technician level apart from PEV which i failed the second section, can i go on to ACCA still?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of this

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    You can go on BUT if you want to take an exam in December 08 you will have to either:

1 - take f1,2 and 3
    2 - pay for 4 exams and only sit one and apply for exemptions.

If I was you I would take your retake and reapply to ACCA when you have got it, you really don't want to be studying ACCA and AAT at the same time.

If you decide to take the ACCA exam in June 09, you can start studying now but you will need to pass your retake in December or you'll have the same problems again.
  • ms-nee-nee
    ms-nee-nee Registered Posts: 24 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I am in the exact situation iv passed all except pev section 1... which i found really easy.

I was supposed to start my acca F4 in sept based on completion of technician.. but not sure anymore. iv tried calling up acca regarding this matter but they're too busy at the mo...

I am totally stuck now ......as the only reason i went upto technician stage, was for the exemptions!

going to appeal as iv heard many are going to do so... and hopefully the aat will change our N's to Y's!

naz
  • James
    James Registered Posts: 24 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Same for me Naz, now I can't continue and I have no idea why I failed PEV, do you think an appeal will help?
  • ms-nee-nee
    ms-nee-nee Registered Posts: 24 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    James wrote: ยป
    Same for me Naz, now I can't continue and I have no idea why I failed PEV, do you think an appeal will help?

i hope it helps!!!! else its gonna be a resit in december... and i prob start acca from F1 .... its dreadful thinking about it, as im loosing a whole yr... jus coz of one section of an exam!!!
  • *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Same here, failed MAC which was my last exam. Kaplan are now making me pay ยฃ100 quid to defer F4 and F6 to the June 09 sitting! What an awful (and expensive!) week this has turned out to be
  • gravitythedon
    gravitythedon Registered Posts: 9 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    You can go on BUT if you want to take an exam in December 08 you will have to either:

1 - take f1,2 and 3
    2 - pay for 4 exams and only sit one and apply for exemptions.

If I was you I would take your retake and reapply to ACCA when you have got it, you really don't want to be studying ACCA and AAT at the same time.

If you decide to take the ACCA exam in June 09, you can start studying now but you will need to pass your retake in December or you'll have the same problems again.

So let me get this right as I am in a similar situation (Unit 10 project outstanding)

1. I want to take some ACCA exams in June '09
    2. I want to be exempt from F1, F2 & F3

What do I need to do to achieve this? Am I right in thinking that as long as I complete my project and have technician level completed by 31 Dec '08 (last registration of ACCA for June '09 exams).

Also, do you have to pay a fee for the exemptions if you claim them when you register for ACCA or is it only if you claim them at a later date?
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Yes you need to make sure your pass is listed on your statement of achievement as that is what ACCA require, so don't leave it until the last minute and make sure the tutor reports the pass to AAT quickly.

You pay an exam fee for exemptions regardless of when you get them.
Privacy Policy