PEV Exam Results

Comments

• novemv
    novemv Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    hey guys

well i have passed pev,ecr, all the subjects. but except for pcr. it is really pain in ..........!!! i will revenge from tht stupid pcr!!! 4th of december waiting till tht day to come!!
  • iainiow
    iainiow Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    i failed PEV section one but passed section 2. :crying:

passed PCR, but its an uphill climb now as i have to do FRA in december on the retake too :crying:
  • James
    James Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Hi everyone PEV I failed too, I was confindent with this one as well, I was only worried about PCR and I passed it, what's going on?!!
  • Poppy
    Poppy Registered Posts: 105 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Is there a form we need to get signed, thought we just sent an e-mail to AAT?
  • leanne1982
    leanne1982 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Pev

In my class at college 4 out of 6 have failed pev section 2 were all in shock as we thought we had passed
  • vix_torious
    vix_torious Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    PEV Exam results

Hi All

Am I glad I read your posts! Found out today that I've failed the second section of PEV and thought I'd fail PCR not the other way around?!!! Having read some of your posts here, however, I think it may be worth my while appealing, so thank you. I have to admit I did run out of time but that ruddy turbine question threw me completely and it's good to know that I wasn't the only one!

The more of us do this, the better.
  • James
    James Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    I am appealing, please let me know if anyone else is!
  • vix_torious
    vix_torious Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Appeal

Hi James

Just a quick note to confirm that I will be appealing. 4 out of 6 in one class (as detailed on another post) is horrendous?!
  • leanne1982
    leanne1982 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    I will be appealing 2
  • jamieh87
    jamieh87 Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    yea av jus realised a stuffed up the turbine question and worked it out in 5 mins in work, but surely the rest of that section should compensate, i kno of atleast 3 in my class the fialed section 2 PEV. SICKENER
  • jamieh87
    jamieh87 Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Poppy wrote: »
    Is there a form we need to get signed, thought we just sent an e-mail to AAT?

ya send an email n thy email u back and u have to fill a form in a send them 42 quid and references for why your appealing it.
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I am just waiting to read the Chief examner's report because I think there will be much said about section 2.2. I was certain I had failed section 2 on PEv becuase I got lost in a sea of figures (which were all wrong on later reworking) yet I somehow managed to pass the whole paper. I would think there will be much said about this particular part of the paper and wonder if the whole question was disregarded because of the obvious problems that so many of us had with it.

I feel for all of you that didn't pass the paper (especially those who only faile done section) but I am sure you will all pass next time - you all seem to talk here with far more confidence than I have ever had.

Good luck to those of you who request a reassessment of their scripts - I know for certain that they sometimes upgrade people's marks (it happened to someone at my college after December's papers).
  • confused!!
    confused!! Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Has anyone actually sent their appeal off yet? still have to try get my tutor/boss to sign it yet!
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Congratulations to everybody who is now finished. I passed PCR, PEV, BTC and PTC and now AAT is over for good!!

Finding an ACA contract seems as though it may be difficult for a non grad though... :(
  • Laura88
    Laura88 Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
    I am so glad that I started this thread. I thought I was the only one who had failed after thinking I would pass.

I have spoken to my tutor today and she is really surprised to hear that I have failed. She has advised me to appeal against the mark, which I am going to. Its worth the £42 I think. And if the outcome is still the same then I know where I need to improve.

Overall the pass rate in the country for this PEV exam was 56.5% Thats not to good in my opinion as its only just over half that has passed. I think something must have gone wrong along the way for so many people to be feeling like this.

I am so going to appeal, the sooner the better in my mind! Does anyone know how long it will take for me to get an answer when I do appeal?

Laura
    x
  • ms-nee-nee
    ms-nee-nee Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Laura88 wrote: »
    I am so glad that I started this thread. I thought I was the only one who had failed after thinking I would pass.

I have spoken to my tutor today and she is really surprised to hear that I have failed. She has advised me to appeal against the mark, which I am going to. Its worth the £42 I think. And if the outcome is still the same then I know where I need to improve.

Overall the pass rate in the country for this PEV exam was 56.5% Thats not to good in my opinion as its only just over half that has passed. I think something must have gone wrong along the way for so many people to be feeling like this.

I am so going to appeal, the sooner the better in my mind! Does anyone know how long it will take for me to get an answer when I do appeal?

Laura
    x
    It take 2-4 wks to get an answer back from AAT. I am also going to appeal my PEV result, i passed all my exams apart from PEV section 1... im quite shocked at that as its the exam i was most confident about in june!!!

Goodluck wit your appeal... hope our N's turn to Y's!!!

naz
  • plamena
    plamena Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Guys what did you write in section 3 of the appeal form? What reasons and evidence did you give to support the review request?

• Laura88
    Thanks for this info. Going to sort it tonight I think.

I really can't beleive how many people are actually in the same position as me, glad I'm not the only one?

A lot of people were going to complain about the wording of the 2.2 question. I must say it was poorly worded, but can I just say, this was the exam where the AAT had put Level 3 on the front of the Paper instead of Level 4. Because we all questioned it and the examaner got all flustered, becasue of this big who-are our exam was postponed 45mins so we were all sat in the exam room at our desk just waiting for he ok. Which I found quite off putting! Maybe this is part of the reason for the failure! Don't know but I am def putting that in my appeal.

Laura
    x
  • Poppy
    I basically wrote that I believed I'd failed on section 2 question 2.2 and that I felt that the question was badly worded and that any error was due to a lack on understanding of what the question wanted not any lack of understanding of the subject matter. I also explained that I had completed their feedback form at the time of the exam to say I thought it was badly written and hoped they'd have reflected it in their marking.
  • plamena
    Yeh u should if u really had that problem u should mention it. I'd say about the wording only :001_smile: didnt have your problem
  • Laura88
    Poppy wrote: »
    I basically wrote that I believed I'd failed on section 2 question 2.2 and that I felt that the question was badly worded and that any error was due to a lack on understanding of what the question wanted not any lack of understanding of the subject matter. I also explained that I had completed their feedback form at the time of the exam to say I thought it was badly written and hoped they'd have reflected it in their marking.

Poppy, this is a very good reply. But does this section not need to be completed by tutor/employer? Or can they just sign it off?

Laura
    x
  • Jangles
    Jangles Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    I failed PEV section 2 and I am extremely disappointed as I felt I had done well on the paper apart from the turbine question which I did not understand. No amount of extra revision would have helped me understand that question.

Does anyone else feel that they have been cheated but at the same time is it pointless to appeal? The reason I am concerned that appealing may be a waste of time and money is because I think they will just check they have marked the paper correctly. I know i answered the turbine incorrectly because the wording was so bad that I didn't know what was expected. I don't think an appeal will turn my N to a Y on that basis.

Does anyone else feel like this?

:confused1:
  • plamena
    Jangles wrote: »
    I failed PEV section 2 and I am extremely disappointed as I felt I had done well on the paper apart from the turbine question which I did not understand. No amount of extra revision would have helped me understand that question.

Does anyone else feel that they have been cheated but at the same time is it pointless to appeal? The reason I am concerned that appealing may be a waste of time and money is because I think they will just check they have marked the paper correctly. I know i answered the turbine incorrectly because the wording was so bad that I didn't know what was expected. I don't think an appeal will turn my N to a Y on that basis.

Kind of to be honest I am all confused and disapointed. At least when you appeal u've got a tiny chance to turn the "N" to "Y" as if u dont appeal u would never know. Thats how I feel.
    What is it about the feedback form after the exam? I never got 1
  • Laura88

Jangles, I think it is worth appealling as I now know of quite a few peoples papers that the mark had been undervalued and after the appeal, they had actually passed and not failed. And, because I feel as though I am quite confident in PEV normally and thought I was going to pass, even if my mark does not change to a pass, they will give detailed feedback on where you went wrong so you can improve next time. I would appreciate this as I really don't know where I went wrong!!

Plus with the overall pass rate for PEV being low, the more people that appeal, the more chance of us all getting our marks changed.

If you believe in yourself, then I think you should appeal. I am!

Laura
    x
  • Poppy
    Laura - I would have been asked to write it by boss even if it's not my section :001_tt2:

I understand where some are coming from but appealing is not just about us, if we don't complain future years will suffer like we have. I think it's very short sighted and what if???

I took an extra week of my own leave to prepare for those exams and I want to know why I failed and If I've failed unfairlt then I want to know. Come on everyone lets look out for everyone:thumbup:
  • Poppy
    The form was somewhere on the system will have a look and get back to you, might not still be on there.
  • tripod333
    tripod333 Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    I would definitely appeal if you believe in yourself. And it might be worth it to get some actual feedback from the exam so you know what to improve on.
    I feel lucky that I have scraped through both PCR & PEV, had convinced myself had not passed at least one. Congrats to all those that passed and commiserations to those that didn't this time. The AAT qualification would not be worth having it was too easy so don't give up it will be worth it in the end!
  • ms-nee-nee
    ms-nee-nee Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸

I failed pev section 1! out of all the exams i took { PEV, BTC & PTC}.I think i was most confident about PEV.... everyone is saying they've failed section 2 due to the turbines... so its more confusing for me, as i failed section 1!

I dont know where i went wrong in section 1 .... i do feel cheated about the result so appealing is the only thing i feel i can try do to change it!!! I hope if many people appeal, AAT have more sympathy!!!

Whats more dissappointing is if I have to resit in dec, then its a wait of 6 months/ 1 yr before i can start acca!!!

Naz
  • Jangles
    Jangles Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    I am printing off the appeal form as i type!!! I feel happier already knowing I am doing something positive about it instead of sitting here being angry and feeling cheated!

Hopefully it won't take long to find out :thumbup:

Thanks for the advice. :001_smile:
  • plamena
    Thank you guys for your suggestions.

Just filled the form in. I will get my employer to sign it tomorrow and will post it off. Do pay by cheque only?
Privacy Policy