Project for technician

Options
sue_391
sue_391 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
I am about to start technician level, can anybody tell me if the project is as scary as it looks :confused1:

Comments

• lauraet
    lauraet Registered Posts: 23 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Its nowhere near as scary as it looks, especially if you already work in accounts. The trick is to pick a basic topic that you can build on, nothing too involved as you could end up being your own worst enemy!

Dont leave it all until the last minute and try and think of a topic early on, as soon as you're decided on what the subject is the ideas sort of come on from there. A lot of people on my course left it late and ended up trying to revise for the exams and do the project at the same time and wasnt good!!!!

Another tip our tutor gave us was that whatever it is that you decide to implement / change / take action towards (depending on what the project is about), it doesnt have to work in the long run. As long as you can say why it didnt work its fine!
  • Nich
    Nich Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Its not hard at all if you put in the work. The hardest part of it is getting started! I found once i did start it only took me a couple of weeks to complete working on it a few hours each week.

I echo the point of not leaving it till the last minute, get it out of the way as soon as you can- you will feel a huge relief of pressure when you do and can concentrate on your exams
  • sue_391
    sue_391 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    thanks for taking the time to reply both, I've decided on a topic, guess I just need to get my head down and get on with it, Thanks again:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:
  • square-peg
    square-peg Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Has anyone done the project using the simulation materials? I'm not working, so that's what I'll have to do (still doing intermediate at the moment - just planning!), and I'm worried about how it will be doing it when I'm not basing it on work and also without college support as I'm doing distance learning. Any tips/advice?
    Thanks
  • ms-nee-nee
    ms-nee-nee Registered Posts: 24 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Has anyone done the project using the simulation materials? I'm not working, so that's what I'll have to do (still doing intermediate at the moment - just planning!), and I'm worried about how it will be doing it when I'm not basing it on work and also without college support as I'm doing distance learning. Any tips/advice?
    Thanks
    i did my project based on the simulation... best advice i can give is keep it short, simple and to the point... as long as you cover the word count. Dont leave it too late get it done as quickly as you can... and dont stress and worry about as its pretty simple!!!
  • square-peg
    square-peg Registered Posts: 143 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    thanks for that. I haven't got the case study from the college yet. I won't be given it until I start technician, which will be after the December exam. I'll start on it as soon as I get it though.
Privacy Policy