Unit 21, 22, 23

Vicky79Vicky79 New MemberRegistered Posts: 9
I am slightly confused (its nothing new)

I have to do units 21,22,23 for foundation through premier training.

I'm not sure how. My tutor has given me assignments with tasks listed but I also have text book which states that I need to have a sage file 'company .25'

So do I work through the assignments and collect evidence from my workplace or do I use the textbook ??????????????????

Any info would be great as I'm starting to think jumping out of a window is a good option :confused1:

Comments

• Rose_20Rose_20 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 15
    Hey Vicky!

I know how u feel, i was in the exact same position a couple of weeks ago.
    You need to get evidence frm ur workplace.
    The only thing you have to do for the Health an safety one is take some pictures of any hazards u can see in your workplace e.g trailing computer wires on the floor, this is a hazard caus someone can trip over them. Then write next to it what should be done to corect this. I based it on the college that im studying in.
    Also take pics of the fire extinguisher and things that are 2 do witrh health and safety. I also filled in an accident form.

Hope this helps, if u need more info let me know, i'll be glad to help!

Humera
  • taskeytaskey Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,800
    who are you studying with? i was with bpp homestudy and they sent me out loads of forms to fill in and questions to answer and this was enough to pass it.

Tracy
  • sarahwilsonsarahwilson Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 567
    Have you got any more pointers, I am sooo stressed about the H&S unit. Its harder because its so vague!!
  • Vicky79Vicky79 New Member Registered Posts: 9
    Thanks Humera Rose

If thats what I have to do why do I have this textbook ???

What sort of thing do I have to have written as a testimonal or witness statement

Tracy, I am with premier training in Lincoln, are you doing the diploma?, it certainly sounds more straight forward when it comes to paperwork.

I have already decided if I am doing imtermediate next year it will be done at college and not distance learning.:001_smile:
  • sarahwilsonsarahwilson Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 567
    If it helps you Vicky, so far I have done a floor plan of the office where I work showing fire exits, extinguishers and first aid box locations. I have a copy of our company H&S policy, have taken photos of my workstation and pointed out various improvements that could be made to it, ie the VDU is badly positioned in the corner of the desk, theres a lot of wires under the desk that could get tangled round feet and cause a fall (:001_rolleyes:) I put the VDU workstation guidleines in off the H&S website, copies of our public liability and explanantion of what/why we have it and that it must be displayed where employees can see it. I took general photos of our office/kitchen & production areas and pointed out various hazard potentials there. I'm lucky as we have a production area with lots of machines and a forklift truck, etc so lots of hazards there.

I am just a bit unsure of what the point is to be honest, as at the moment I just have an assortment of photos, regulations and observatons that don't resemble a project. Theres no thread to it at all.
  • Rose_20Rose_20 Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 15
    Im not exactly sure myself y deyv given us the text book. It might just be like a guide or summat.

I didnt hav a witness statement for my Health and safety unit, i only had it for unit 23.
    I just wrote wat i was able to do, e.g talk 2 customers face 2 face, by telephone, send a fax, email. I then made my employer sign at the bottom saying dat i was able to do all that.(witness statement)
    This was for the personal effectiveness one.
    I aslo filled in some sheets which i got from the net, an i wrote wat my goals are for the future. etc

For unit 21 workin wid computers i just wrote everything down step to step, showing how we start a comp, save work, shut comp, etc.

Hope that helps!

Humera
  • troytroy Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 275
    Hey Vicky79,
    I can highly recommend Lincoln College for studying with, the tutors there are great! They are always there for you, i studied Intermediate with them and have just passed.
    I am not actually able to help with the health and safety as i have not done it via distance learning and yours sounds so much different from ours, do you have a tutor that is able to give you some guidance? You are not meant to be left struggling on your own