PEV appeal - has anyone been contacted by AAT?

Options
Jangles
Jangles Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
I just wondered if anyone had been contacted by the AAT?

I received a call from a really patronising guy today about my form. He said as I was appealing because of task 2.2 he wanted to know if I still wanted to appeal as apparently it has already been taken into account and cannot be taken into account twice!!!!????

When I asked what he meant by being "taken into account" i.e. was the question discounted/marked more leniently etc he just kept repeating what my form said in section 3. I said I was more than aware of what my form said but I still did not get a straight answer as to how task 2.2 wording had already been taken into account. He just said feedback from students and colleges had already been taken into account and wouldn't be taken into account again.

Please let me know if anybody else has had a call or heard anything along these lines...

Comments

• Poppy
    Poppy Registered Posts: 105 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I've not had a call and would not have been happy to receive the one you did. I've asked on the forums for an official statement on it but nothing as yet. All we want to know is where we stand, surely it looks badly on them that only 56% passed and they should want to address it rather than us having to force the issue.
  • plamena
    plamena Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Jangles wrote: Β»
    I just wondered if anyone had been contacted by the AAT?

I received a call from a really patronising guy today about my form. He said as I was appealing because of task 2.2 he wanted to know if I still wanted to appeal as apparently it has already been taken into account and cannot be taken into account twice!!!!????

When I asked what he meant by being "taken into account" i.e. was the question discounted/marked more leniently etc he just kept repeating what my form said in section 3. I said I was more than aware of what my form said but I still did not get a straight answer as to how task 2.2 wording had already been taken into account. He just said feedback from students and colleges had already been taken into account and wouldn't be taken into account again.

Please let me know if anybody else has had a call or heard anything along these lines...

I got exactly the same call from AAT. The guy said that the wording has already been taken into account and explain about section 3 and all that so he asked me to submit another statement different to to him if I still want to proceed with the appeal. He gave me his email address. So I am thinking what else should I write???!!!!
  • James
    James Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I have not had a call yet
  • Poppy
    Options
    If I get the call I will just say that I feel I should have passed as I put a lot of effort in and simply put I'd like to know why I didn't pass. As I'll have paid Β£42 for them to look at my paper then they shouldn't need any more explanation than that.
    :001_tongue:
  • Jangles
    Jangles Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Up until that phone call I was beginning to feel more positive about things - there seemed to still be some hope but now I have lost all hope.

I just wish they could let us know where we stand. I don't think I am being unreasonable by asking how the wording was taken into account if someone is trying to tell me that it has been. He couldn't me tell how it had been taken into account - just that it had been so am I expected to take his word for it?

I asked him to put in writing that section 2.2 wording had been considered when marking the paper and he told me it was in the appeals procedure guidance notes!! Generally speaking that may be true as I think it says that student and college feedback being considered but I need something a little more specific to this exam especially as my boss is waiting to hear the outcome!!

I was looking forward to enjoying bank holiday weekend but now I am not so sure. :confused1:
  • peugeot
    peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I think the guy at the AAT might be referring to the exam feedback they received. Shortly after you sit your exams you are given the opportunity to tell the AAT what you think about the exam so the Exam Review Board can take these opinions into consideration before the marking process - I think this is what the person at AAT is referring to.

Have a nice weekend.

Kind regards
    Steve
  • plamena
    plamena Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I didnt even know that the feedback forms exist otherwise I'd of filled 1 in. Sad :(
  • Poppy
    Options
    I did fill it in, had an e-mail waiting at home to discuss my appeal so going to give him a rocket and tell him I've paid my money and I want my appeal reviewed!!!!!!!!!!

:glare:
  • peugeot
    Options
    Hi Poppy,

I don't think ranting at them will get you anywhere. The person at the other end of the 'phone did not mark the paper did they?

I know you're frustrated but losing your temper with them won't achieve anything.
  • Poppy
    Options
    I have not spoken to anyone let alone ranted at them, being quite eloquent I don't need to rant to get my point across :001_smile:
  • peugeot
    Options
    Hi Poppy,

Sorry, it was just with you saying you are "going to give him a rocket" - I didn't want you to end up making no progress.

Kind regards
    Steve
  • Poppy
    Options
    Sorry if I sound a little aggressive, I have desperatley been waiting to pass these. I have not failed any of my other exams and have worked so hard to pass these with 100% commitment. I am hoping to still go on to CIMA but had deperately wanted to graduate in November, it would be the proudest moment of mine and my mothers life (other than my wedding day of course) and I think some times these AAT people forget there's a person behind these results. I wouldn't mind if I hadn't prepared and just sat back and thought I could wing it, the concern for me is now that this may happen again to other people. I completed the feedback form and my concern is they're now trying to encourage people to not appeal because it'll look bad. I want feedback as I don't want to have to go through this again in Feb.

Thanks for your comments though as it makes me think and that's always a good thing

:001_smile:
  • peugeot
    Options
    Hi Poppy,

I think if you genuinely believe you should have passed (and by the sounds of it you put the work in) then I would appeal. I have posted a thread about not appealing and I hope it does not get misconstrued. I think you should appeal if you firmly believe you should pass - it is possible for them to overturn a fail because of an error.

I do not think you should appeal if you disagree with the wording of a question because this, I think is a waste of money as the AAT seem to be saying they're not going to take that opinion into account as they already did.

I really do hope you will succeed in the appeal, and I do think you should pursue it - I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Let me know how you get on.

Regards
    Steve
  • Poppy
    Options
    Thank you, it's very much appreciated. With everything in life I believe if you're going to do something you should give it 110% effort.
  • peugeot
    Options
    Hi Poppy,

I hope your appeal is successful - but your attitude to your studying is spot on and I am sure you will be a success at whatever you do in the future.

If the appeal is not successful, I have every confidence that you will get through it next time.:thumbup1:

Best wishes
    Steve
Privacy Policy